Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Viento for Sale
SteveWallace

posted on 6/5/24 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Viento for Sale

So, the time has come to sell my Viento as I'm simply not using it enough. The MOT is valid until the 13th of June this year, although it has only done a few 10s of miles since it's last MOT (I injured my shoulder just after its last MOT then did my ankle just after my shoulder was good enough again, by the time that was fixed, the rainy season had started). I've just unSORNed it so will be using it when I have the opportunity until it's sold.

If you search this forum, you will find a lot of details about the build and some quite complimentary comments. The last couple of MOTs have had the following advisory

"Offside Rear Upper Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4 (a) (i))". I've replaced the bushes, but to be honest, I think that it's a slight ovaling of one of the mounting brackets which isn't getting any worse, so I've lived with it. In total it's only done a little over 3,000 miles since IVA

The engine is a straight six 2.8l BMW job which starts all of the time and has never leaked any oil. I did an oil and filter change about 30 miles ago. I kept the BMW immobiliser, but I also have a spare ECU that has the immobiliser deleted that will come with the car. The rear has a limited slip diff and the brakes have an adjustable bias bar. As you can see in the pictures, it has a full set of ETB gauges

Whilst it's always been quick enough for me, it could be made quicker quite easily by i) taking out my padded seats and replacing them with GRP ones; ii) taking the carpets out; iii) replacing the M52 inlet manifold for one off an M50 to make it breath easier (adds about 30BHP). If you want silly extra power, by using the current modified sump, you could do a straight swap for an M3 engine.

For those of you not familiar with them, these are larger than a typical 7 style car, but if you are 6'2" like I am then you will still be sitting in it, rather than on it.

The car is located about 10 minutes from J26 of the M1 (NG16).

I've not included a price - as these are rare cars, I don't really have anything to benchmark against, so I'll see what I'm offered. This is not a fire sale though. Please message me if you are interested.

I'll be sad to see it go, but I learnt a lot from building it and driving it, and met some great people.

Engine Bay
Engine Bay

Description
Description

Front off side
Front off side

Near side
Near side

Rear Near Side
Rear Near Side

Rear off side
Rear off side

Cockpit
Cockpit

"I know every nut and bolt and cog in that car, I built it myself" - The Prisoner, 1967

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

rusty nuts

posted on 6/5/24 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
For those that might be considering buying this car it is well known amongst Luego owners and was shown on the Luego club stand at Stoneliegh several times and is well worth looking at, built to a very high standard . Other than the fact I have met Steve a few times ,both before and after him buying the kit , and seen his impressive workmanship , I have no connection with the sale. Good luck with the sale Steve
SteveWallace

posted on 14/5/24 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for your kind words Rusty. As well as thanking you, this reply is to bump my advert back up the list of posts.

By the way, given that a taker on here seems to be unlikely, what are peoples thoughs about other places to advertise.

e.g. I've never advertised a car on e-bay before, would that be a good option? If not (or as well as), where else?

"I know every nut and bolt and cog in that car, I built it myself" - The Prisoner, 1967

rusty nuts

posted on 14/5/24 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
I’ve put it on the locost group on Facebook
Partofthechaos

posted on 15/5/24 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
Bump

Do you have a picture inside the boot lid please? I am in the process of desiging mine and yours looks like a good one! Is rain ingress ever an issue?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.