Board logo

Could this be the best locost road in Britain.......?
Jon Ison - 16/8/02 at 08:25 PM

Cat n Fiddle ?

well sun was out tonight, workin away all weekend, so had to go a blast some where......

promised myself to buy some tryes from ears motorsport just to go over the tops again......

PTM.......next chance we get......cat n fiddle ?

locodude - 16/8/02 at 10:16 PM

Hi Jon
Yeah I know, done it on a bike many a time. Let's make a date for a blat. I'll give you a ring when you're back from Nippon.
Chris PTM
might just treat myself to some Yokos too!

chrisg - 17/8/02 at 11:24 AM

Yokos with white lettering on them?

Cheers

Chris

locodude - 17/8/02 at 11:44 AM

You're so sharp I don't know how you keep from cutting yourself. Why don't you come in your car chris, oh sorry, what excuse is it this time, oil pump is it. Getting on for a 6 year build now is'nt it. I'd save all the sarcastic comments till it's turned a wheel, glass back boy!!!!
Chris PTM
p.s. Elvington on tues if I can get the day off!! MK's new car on track!!

chrisg - 17/8/02 at 04:15 PM

Talk about "kick a man when he's down",
I think I'll go and jump in front of a bus.

Chris

locodude - 17/8/02 at 07:01 PM

pretty sure the bus would come off worse!
Chris PTM

Jon Ison - 18/8/02 at 07:48 PM

is back boy......we can sort a date this weekend......may b Monday ?

its not called the "snake pass" for nowt....

ever clocked it ?, how long is it....?

locodude - 18/8/02 at 09:31 PM

Jon
Do you mean the snake pass or the cat & fiddle. Two different roads mate?
Ring you tomorrow
Chris PTM

Jon Ison - 19/8/02 at 04:59 PM

i get confused easy ok.......mail'd the 750mc guy, catch ya tomorrow.....PTM wantin to watch BEC's.......mmmmmm wanna look at my engine mounts ?
took clutch out today, all of 10 mins, if only all of life was so simple.....just better send correct one now aint they ?

a nippon we must go......

philgregson - 28/8/02 at 07:18 PM

Cat & Fiddle - a fine road especially if you can avoid the tourists, motorcyclists with a death wish and convoys of quarry wagons. If you remember it was listed as second most dangerous road in the british isles in a recent survey - probably due to the risk of loosing grip on a corner littered with parts of motorcyclist.

On a fine quiet evening though there is nothing to beat it.

Anyhow my reason for replying is:

If any of you chaps go belting over the cat and fiddle again is there any chance of letting me know 'cos I live in sunny Buxtonville and, although I am building one of these damn things, I still haven't seen a completed one yet - which would be nice.

Cheers

Phil

locodude - 28/8/02 at 08:04 PM

Hi Phil
No problemo, there will be a repeat performance!
Chris PTM

philgregson - 28/8/02 at 08:11 PM

I shall await the event with eagar anticipation (or something)

Jon Ison - 28/8/02 at 09:30 PM

you mean you din't hear us ????

philgregson - 28/8/02 at 10:05 PM

I (unfortunately) was on DIY duty and the only thing I could here was the raw throbbing power of my belt sander!

BTW The C&F isn't the only good road around here - we've got loads of them (some conselation for the constant rain I suppose).

Next time you are passing through try Long Hill - Buxton to Whaley Bridge - Not as long as C&F but a bit of a Corker never the less.

StuartA - 15/10/02 at 11:22 AM

I figure any road that is great on fast bike will be great in a Locost. Have a look at http://www.bytefactory.com/mcycle/index.shtml for a few suggestions. I guess the C+F is on there somewhere but for those of us who don't live anywhere near it there are plenty of other suggestions!