Board logo

Winter night driving
scoobyis2cool - 27/12/04 at 10:19 PM

Just been out for a 1.5 hour blast in sub zero temperatures in the dark while it was pi**ing it down. One word - awesome!

I got completely soaked and my face was black with dirt but I had a great time! The roads were dead as well which makes a change.

I've decided on my next modification as well now - a wind deflector!

Pete

tom_loughlin - 27/12/04 at 10:57 PM

one word for you - mad (but i would say that cuz im jelous!)
and, to think there are some people out there who say these are fair weather cars!

tom

Peteff - 27/12/04 at 11:17 PM

You need therapy. Wait till you see the state of the car in daylight, you will clean that mess up.

Hellfire - 27/12/04 at 11:24 PM

Thankfully you got back in one piece (she says missus!). The seven isn't exactly designed for winter night driving is it?

nicklondon - 28/12/04 at 08:37 AM

i passed a guy out in his 7 yesterday on the A444 near Nuneaton.he was wearing a flying helmet and goggles but it was about 2 °c

scoobyis2cool - 28/12/04 at 11:52 AM

I'm not sure how cold it was last night but I felt surprisingly ok-ish driving round in just a warm top. I tried to wear a hat but it kept trying to fly off!

I knew it wouldn't be the best conditions on the roads so I was just taking it easy, more a cruise round than anything else. There wasn't any point in flooring it anyway, the wheels just spun, even in 3rd!

Pete

RoadkillUK - 28/12/04 at 11:58 AM

Me and my 10 yr old daughter went out for a bit on boxing day, it was somewhere near 0 degrees and believe me, it was cold.

We only went out for about 45 mins, she had a thick scarf covering most of her face and also a hat on, I was stupid enough to go out with a pair of shades !!

She was fine, warm and I was freezing, keeping speeds below 40mph so I didn't black out

Still, enjoyed every frozen minute of it

Jasper - 28/12/04 at 01:45 PM

I took mine out for a little local blast the other evening - spent most of the time going sideways under power

Next one will have windscreen heater and sidescreens!!

scoobyis2cool - 28/12/04 at 04:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Ashurst
Pete,
Where in Sutton are you, I'm just off for a spin and could drive by.
Dave

I live in Walmley which is a few miles out of Sutton, but only about a 5 minute drive. Shame I missed you, I was out driving at the time!

The more I drive it the better it gets, it really feels like it's bedding itself in nicely. Just put some Optimax in today as well which should hopefully give the engine a bit of a boost

Pete