Board logo

750mc Locost vs Project cars computer game. Realistic?
f27 - 3/5/17 at 08:25 PM

I'd been wanting to do this for a while - I race in 750 Locost and often practice on Project cars PS4 game to learn the tracks before I race. The times I've been setting with the Caterham Classic are always similar to the times we get in Locost, so last weekend at Silverstone I got some footage and made this split screen comparison. Computer games are getting pretty realistic don't you think?!

https://youtu.be/4CWkx0s2SgM

Banana - 3/5/17 at 10:02 PM

Before i sold it, I used the HTC Vive with Project cars and Asseto Corsa - it's uncanny.

Good video btw.

ReMan - 4/5/17 at 06:00 AM

Wow

bi22le - 4/5/17 at 06:23 AM

Nice work!

Are both vids played real time or are they mapped to each other?

When I went to the ring I found it far to easy to commit to the blind corners and complicated complexes as I knew the track so well. I had to wind it in a bit and tell myself that a game is not like real life, especially on Forza when you just hit the rewind button!

HowardB - 4/5/17 at 08:23 AM

that is impressive! I have never been able to drive simulators - not even the in car ones, don't know why, just can't do it. So I'm doubly impressed

Hodor - 4/5/17 at 07:54 PM

Great video - I have poverty spec download speed and at low resolution couldn't tell which was which.

coozer - 5/5/17 at 12:58 PM

I use real racing 3 and while I'm canny good on it I fail to recognise the tracks when watching pukka racing on the telly.. only track that looks vaguely familiar is Monza!

Could watch that video for hours, lap after lap

trextr7monkey - 5/5/17 at 08:07 PM

Hi Steve Not hijacking the thread but have a peep on YouTube for wiznorton racings videos of their rotaryvengined super bike on the Isle of Man TT track there's a couple of laps which makes fantastic viewing on a big screen. My wife wet all the way through school with wiz 's wife
Atb
Mike

bi22le - 5/5/17 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
I use real racing 3 and while I'm canny good on it I fail to recognise the tracks when watching pukka racing on the telly.. only track that looks vaguely familiar is Monza!

Could watch that video for hours, lap after lap

Really? I can recognise most gaming corcuits from all over the world due to me driving them.

Laguna Seca is a good example, I have never been there and it gets zero TV coverage but I could lay down a pretty nippy lap tomorrow if needed.