Board logo

First Run out of 2019....New car
JC - 9/1/19 at 02:47 PM

Hi All,

Having been hampered since before christmas with Daughters car repairs, I finally managed to get the car out for the first run of 2019. Took a while to get it started but a blast in the fresh air did us both good!

I would upload photos but i can get round the SQL error - grrr! If anyone has a reliable fix for this please share!

For anyone that hasn't heard, I sold the almost completed Mistrale Midi project to someone who wanted a track day tool! I then bought a McSorley Locost with a supercharged MGB engine - there's an article in the current TKC magazine if you are interested.
Spent the time since then fitting water-meth injection to cool the thing down a bit.....

[Edited on 10/1/19 by JC]

nick205 - 9/1/19 at 05:27 PM

Same as you I seem to suffer the "SQL error" when trying to upload pics.

Not found a solution yet though.

kingster996 - 9/1/19 at 06:17 PM

You won’t find a solution. Full stop.

It’s a server side error that can only be addressed by the site admin or developer.

JC - 9/1/19 at 06:32 PM

In that case you’ll all have to use your imagination - unless you take a peek at TKC in WHSmiths!

MikeRJ - 9/1/19 at 07:41 PM

You can work around the SQL error by uploading pics to another hosting service and linking them e.g. imgbb.

JC - 9/1/19 at 08:03 PM

It works!!!! Thanks!

[Edited on 9/1/19 by JC]

roadrunner - 10/1/19 at 10:00 AM

Did you drive through Barton upon humber . I spotted a very similar car the other week while I was out and about.

JC - 10/1/19 at 11:30 AM

No, I didn’t get that far today - I’ve just completed running in new pistons and it needs an oil change so I didn’t want to go too far. And it was freezing!!

SJ - 12/1/19 at 06:41 PM

Your avatar say's supercharged MGB Locost - have you supercharged a B series?