Board logo

New builder in Northamptonshire - Series 1 Style Car
jgaircraft - 12/2/16 at 08:56 AM

Hello everyone,

Just gearing up for my build and am going to start with the chassis. I was wondering if there are any other builders in my area? My car has been re-proportioned to be more like an original Series 1, but enlarged a bit to fit my 6'2" frame and the comfort of any passengers that are brave enough lol. I have tried to post a picture of the basic car below:

Regards

James

[img][/img]

[Edited on 12/2/16 by jgaircraft]

nick205 - 12/2/16 at 09:26 AM

Not in your area, but there will be people around close to you.

Welcome aboard and good luck - be sure to ask questions on here, there are usually a wealth of answers and information available.

Quinten - 12/2/16 at 10:05 AM

Not build mine (the shame!) but am in Upton if you need a hand or two

olimarler - 12/2/16 at 10:54 AM

Hi,
Welcome to you!

Good luck with the build.

I'm in MK at the moment but moving to roade soon.

Oli

jgaircraft - 12/2/16 at 11:00 AM

Thanks guy for the input :-). I might well need a hand Quinten as well as the help of all you lot here. I have enlarged the series 2 drawings by 7% as the basis of my plans and have adjusted them also for the mx5 using the document produced by Saturn Sports Cars. I have taken a tip from the Caterham 160 and am using 14" steel wheels and 155/80R14 tyres to keep everything in proportion and to budget. That is the plan anyway, as I build and things evolve I might make a few changes. I am busy putting together a build table at the moment and sourcing steel.

Can anyone recommend the best steel supplier?

Thanks guys..

IanSouthLincs - 8/3/16 at 07:32 PM

Not sure if they deliver to Northampton, but A1 Steel in Peterborough are excellent to deal with, I use them for all my steel. Phone number is 01733 268600.

jgaircraft - 8/3/16 at 07:46 PM

Thanks Ian,

I will drop them a message. I have been busy painting the garage and trying to get all my tools together. I can't wait to get started now

Regards

James