Board logo

Brake Relining Service East Yorkshire??
Neadles - 1/3/15 at 04:29 PM

Afternoon people, I'm after some help as google is failing me this day.

I need some new brake shoes for my trailer, I believe from some internet diggin they are Lockheed auto reverse rod operated MK1 trailer brakes 8", but know one seems to do these anymore or sell spares.

So my question is does anyone know of any local companies that reline brake shows around Hull?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

jacko - 1/3/15 at 04:43 PM

I will ask at work tomorrow

If you have a pattern take it to waterloo on spring bank west they have a pattern book for shoes

[Edited on 1/3/15 by jacko]

Neadles - 1/3/15 at 04:57 PM

Spot on thanks I was just going to email them and Alexcarr to see if they could help!

Cheers

jacko - 1/3/15 at 05:11 PM

Just reading your first post i bet Morris 1000 brake shoes are what you want but check first
Graham

jacko - 1/3/15 at 05:28 PM

Found these if it helps

http://custombrakes.co.uk/

Sadsy - 1/3/15 at 05:48 PM

Do you know what the axle Is from?

Neadles - 1/3/15 at 07:50 PM

Cheers Graham, I have read that the Morris 1098 front shoe material is the same size and fits but a different shoe.

The axle I don't know as it is an old caravan chassis with independant hubs, the only detail I can find is on the brake shoes.

jacko - 1/3/15 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Neadles
Cheers Graham, I have read that the Morris 1098 front shoe material is the same size and fits but a different shoe.

The axle I don't know as it is an old caravan chassis with independant hubs, the only detail I can find is on the brake shoes.

Bet its a B&B axle