Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: power
nick-york

posted on 5/11/14 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
power

Hi all ! Ive downloaded an app onto my mobile that is supposed to be able to tell you your 0-60 acceleration time and your braking time .it works through gps .or is supposed to but it doesn't seem to work . Im just curious as to the performance of my 7.so can anybody on here give me a rough idea of how many hp I should have and what sort of 0-60 time I can expect please ? Im going to have it tested on a rolling road but probably not while spring.I ve got a locost 7 with a 2 litre pinto and twin dellorto carbs with a type 9 gearbox.It weighs approx 600kg. Maybe someone on here has a similar set up . Cheers - nick
SPYDER

posted on 6/11/14 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
There are loads of performance calculators on the net.
Pick one and put your figures in.
I just tried one based on your spec, guessing at 135hp and it came up with 0-60 time of 4.7 seconds!
How they do it without knowing gear ratios or tyre sizes is wonderful!

SCAR

posted on 6/11/14 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Check wether you need to use an at the wheels bhp figure in the calculator which on a stock but rebuilt pinto with 40's and good exhaust might reach about 100 bhp. (120 flywheel) If its been ported and running a better cam with higher compression maybe 120 bhp (140 flywheel)
I would guess the 0 to 60 with 100bhp will be about 6.5 - 7 secs.

Corrected as first calculator I just opened uses flywheel bhp

[Edited on 6/11/14 by SCAR]

mcerd1

posted on 7/11/14 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
take it to the drag strip

http://www.yorkraceway.org.uk/RWYB.html

-

nick-york

posted on 7/11/14 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
take it to the drag strip I was planning on going there in the spring when weathers a bit better . For a proper test .

http://www.yorkraceway.org.uk/RWYB.html

nick-york

posted on 7/11/14 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies .Ive looked on the net at performance calculators .if im lucky I should have a 0-60 time of around 6 seconds . Maybe a bit more or less .so im happy with that .I ll do some proper checks in spring and find out more precicely
craig1410

posted on 7/11/14 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Remember to account for the weight of the driver and fuel etc as well. I'd say you're probably closer to 7 seconds 0-60 to be honest but there are a lot of variables to take account of not least of which is tyres, especially with the colder temperatures of late. Using a different measure such as 30-70 through the gears or 40-60 or 60-80 in 3rd or 4th gear can sometimes be a more meaningful measure of a sports car.

Most importantly, enjoy the experience and keep it on the road!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.