Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dashcam 'Incidents' ?
coozer

posted on 26/9/15 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Dashcam 'Incidents' ?

After a false start with my cheap Chinese dashcam I've now got it working correctly.

So, people in cars berate me every day in my truck for doing nothing more than driving, indicating and overtaking slower vehicles. OK its all a lot slower than the impatient folk in cars and white van man who break the law in front of me all day long. But with 40 tons and a speed limiter....

Now, I'm no saint and occasionally throw caution to the wind.

Thing is what to do with the incidents I record? Things that look like close calls don't look half as bad on the videos but the blatent illegal things don't lie. I've thought about starting a utube channel and posting them but they are no where as bad as the Russian videos up there.

Unfortunately I didn't get the Nissan GTR that came past this week nearly tipping me over! He must have been going about 150... My reaction to that was 'Wow! Go on son!' It sounded like an f1 engine on full chat!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Slimy38

posted on 26/9/15 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
I thought about doing the same, particularly the public service vehicles that I've seen being driven like that Nissan GTR. But if you look on youtube nowadays you can see literally hundreds of people doing the same. And the main problem is that some of the posts don't actually look that bad. Sure, there are some poor decisions made but some look like making the best of a bad situation. And it pretty much comes down to the person viewing the video on whether it's bad or not.

To be honest, the police would do well to actually allocate some people just to review youtube videos, I'm not sure they're admissible in court but they could sure identify repeat offenders and keep an eye out for them.

jossey

posted on 26/9/15 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Burn to DVDs take in to show police and they decide what to do.

Also upload to you tube so you can share it like mine here.

http://youtu.be/UEQc_d4RfdY

View from 50 seconds.

I have police the 5 mins before and 5 mins after to show that I was not doing anything before or after.

Guy cuts me up coming from turn right lane to left turn lane only with indicating properly then when I beeped started brake testing me and then swirves across lanes on motorway so I can't pass. Didn't seem pleased in court 9 points and banned for a year.

[Edited on 26/9/15 by jossey]

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CosKev3

posted on 26/9/15 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey

View from 50 seconds.

I have police the 5 mins before and 5 mins after to show that I was not doing anything before or after.

Guy cuts me up coming from turn right lane to left turn lane only with indicating properly then when I beeped started brake testing me and then swirves across lanes on motorway so I can't pass. Didn't seem pleased in court 9 points and banned for a year.

Ha Ha good result!

Footage is very clear,what camera is that?

jossey

posted on 26/9/15 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
£50 blaupunkt one

Utter idiot but was just mad how angry he got. He had been behind me all way to where he over took so there was no reason to do it.

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/navgear_hd_cockpit_recorder_dash_cam_dvr1503hd/version.asp?refsource=LDadwords&crtag=LD&gclid=CjwKEAjwhJmwBRDGs amBu8Pp7FwSJACKD1KHTa27Vka7d6emb-spj5bUKegBx8H_OW5s1nVRy9G09hoCey7w_wcB

This one but mine was branded

Thanks

David Johnson

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CosKev3

posted on 26/9/15 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
That looks great value.

Shame the suction cup/bracket is so big

jossey

posted on 26/9/15 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
That was my only dislike but it goes so high and Behind the wing mirror that you don't really see it.

I found other go pro brackets I could use smaller but non I could get the right angle on the window.

Thanks

David Johnson

coozer

posted on 26/9/15 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey

View from 50 seconds.

Cheers, I had one that was must nastier than that but didnt have the cam on! Doh!

Just checked the card for the one last night but the capacity isn't enough for a full shift and it was over wiped. How may hours does yours record before over wiping??

Need one that will go and keep the last 15 hours ideally.

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

lsdweb

posted on 26/9/15 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
I tend to stick mine on FB for my friends to comment. I had a police van pull out in front of me the other night on the motorway in the pouring rain but it looked like nothing on the video. Cheapo 20 quid ebay special camera.
jossey

posted on 26/9/15 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
I record with a £12 card 64gb it records about 2000 miles before over writing.

It's only 720p I record on not 1080p

Thanks

David Johnson

blakep82

posted on 27/9/15 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
Theres 2 YouTube channels already, IdiotUKdriversExposed, and exposed: uk bad drivers, who already have the subscribers, send them to them and they'll get shared about. Idiot uk drivers exposed has a Facebook page too, and is always posting videos on there

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Matt21

posted on 27/9/15 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
I have wondered this myself.

And how bad does the incident have to be for the police to take note?

Middle lane hoggers drive me absolutely bonkers, but is it serious enough to send clips to the police?
But I suppose it is illegal, and it shows that these people aren't clever enough to know how to use a motorway and are therefore a danger to other drivers.

jossey

posted on 27/9/15 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
If the driver breaks the law and your evidence is good then they have to do something with it.

Matt check out my video that got him a ban.

Thanks

David Johnson

spaximus

posted on 27/9/15 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
I dislike the feeling that the public now have become responsible for giving the police things to investigate. Fair enough if you have been involved in an incident involving road rage or and accident, but to post on any media to my mind is taking it too far.

The public pays for and should get a police service fit for purpose, if it relies on. spies like East Germany did, then it has gone wrong and we deserve better.

People make errors, followed a car today with front rear and side cameras, guy was driving like a bellend, sat in the centre lane on the motorway.

Matt21

posted on 28/9/15 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

People make errors, followed a car today with front rear and side cameras, guy was driving like a bellend, sat in the centre lane on the motorway.

Was it a google street view car by any chance?

I know what you are saying.
But when you see someone driving in the middle lane for no reason, it's not just that time they're doing it, they do it every time they drive because they don't know how to use the motorway correctly or they're doing it on purpose because of whatever reason they think justifies it.

What they don't understand is they're causing traffic, stress, road rage and potentially accidents.

Everytime I come to traffic on a motorway I always move into the left hand lane. And I always get to where I'm going much faster than everyone else because they all sit in lanes 2 and 3 thinking they're going faster than the 'slow lorries', who are actually driving sensibly and keeping a steady speed. And there is also a lot less vehicles in that lane.

It's a good point that it should be police out there catching people breaking laws. But then again, there's a hell of a lot of roads and vehicles to cover!

Mr Whippy

posted on 28/9/15 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
People are just taking advantage of the total lack of unmarked police cars or police presence on the roads. Marked ones are totally pointless you can spot them too easy. Have to say though there are a certain class of aggressive totally full of themselves half baked drivers sticking to just a small handful of makes and cars while getting a right reputation for it.

I’m glad to say I do not drive any of them.

[Edited on 28/9/15 by Mr Whippy]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.