Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Head injury, epilepsy and banned from driving
nick205

posted on 4/10/15 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
Sorry to hear about the accident and the consequences, but I don't understand your beef with the DVLA.
You sensibly accept that you should not be driving but object to the DVLA telling you that you shouldn't be driving ?
Anyway, hope the condition improves and you get your licence back before too long.

Point taken, my beef with the DVLA stems from the fact that it's up to the person suffering the seizures to inform the DVLA so they can make a remote and autonomous decision. When talking to my GP and the various consultants I've been under the reaction is either one of amusement or head scratching where the DVLA are concerned. No one other than them has a say in it and they will never meet me or test me to assess my fitness (or otherwise) to drive.

Added to this I have discovered this weekend that mine and my wife's car cannot be insured by me as a non license holder. I've been stung for more cash to change 2 insurance policies - again, my lookout not the DVLA's.

Sorry if I seem to have an unfair beef with them, but I didn't like them before, now I think they're incompetent at what they do - the DVLA that is.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.