Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Eelmore sprint with the FDMC 4 Oct 15
mark chandler

posted on 5/10/15 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Eelmore sprint with the FDMC 4 Oct 15

Quick vid of my best lap, still need to work on the exposure with the camera (SJ6000) came 4th out of around 75 cars

http://youtu.be/4QnMOObcrJ8

Turned in 2 x 54.25sec runs.

Although not that clear I was on the rev limit in third a few times, n/s front smoking up on the penultimate bend then elected to take a little of the bushes for a straight line to finish.

Still 2.3 seconds off a very well developed Westfield driven by race instructors.

Big issue with grip, spinning up in 1, 2 & 3 with 3.14 LSD on 20/54/13 slicks on the rear.

If anyone is interested I will be selling the body off the car next year as I have a lightweight fury body to drop on top, I am hoping the weight penalty will be offset by the aero gains... Time will tell, have to pinch 7 inches out the chassis.

Ron champion, nose (a little wider than the book, Ali bonnet and scuttle, wings and stays to fit cortina uprights and rear wings, I will advertise nearer the strip down stage so an early warning, am open to offers, I think around £75 is fair.

[Edited on 5/10/15 by mark chandler]

Adamirish

posted on 5/10/15 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
Link not working, is this it? http://youtu.be/4QnMOObcrJ8

Bloody quick car you have there!

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

mark chandler

posted on 5/10/15 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
That's the one, the forum link is not working that well so have deleted the header and footer.

I am wondering if the nsf is a little light looking at it again, one of those electronic scales needed me thinks.

The car is bits and pieces, built for around £3000 tops, may be as low as £2000 but a lot of time used up for sure.

Thanks for the kind comment

jeffw

posted on 6/10/15 at 05:13 AM Reply With Quote

I've been to Eelmoor once and there was a long delay as they had to cut a lady out of an S2000 and take her to hospital. I decided never to go back.

That being said looks pretty quick although the steering rack seems to take a lot of turns?

Is the book chassis not a lot longer than a Fury (9 or 10 Inches)?

[Edited on 6/10/15 by jeffw]

mark chandler

posted on 6/10/15 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Fury chassis is maybe 7" shorter, looking at pictures most do not have the rear wheels in the centre or the fronts look odd so will cut my frame down.

The rack is 2.2 turns, so as quick as they come, this is my DB7, now that is bloody hard work

http://youtu.be/QG-y6C5p78E

Many trees at Eelmore, but quite technical, I like it

Dave Bailey

posted on 6/10/15 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
Hi.. we were the Metro next to you.. didn't realise that you were on this forum...
mark chandler

posted on 6/10/15 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
You could be one of 5 then, I am guessing not the girl

I had a good half an hour chatting with the owner, real pity that the engine was not playing ball being as to how he is off to Australia in 2 weeks time.

adithorp

posted on 6/10/15 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
Looks quick. Some of the hand movments/shuffling look a bit strange though.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

mark chandler

posted on 6/10/15 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
Still getting the hang of it really, I can make a fast car, I cannot drive it constantly fast.

The previous run had the same time but the halfway split I was a second up but lost it on the return leg, this one the out lap was a little slow, braked to early for the first bend, as a result carried to much speed and had to wrestle full lock

Also the place is not that safe, Jeff,s comment above about the S2000, the road is driven two maybe three times a year like this, if you muck up the right hand side going out it drops you into trees and the road is dusty from the leaves dropping dirt on the ground, to be safe you cannot drive as a track and use the full width, turn in tight, straighten up and boot it so I was forced into feeding the steering wheel, early poor position ruining the complex, coming back was however very good

[Edited on 6/10/15 by mark chandler]

Dopdog

posted on 6/10/15 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
well done mark a good run
mark chandler

posted on 6/10/15 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Much faster after my lunchtime walk of the course and planned lines

I know their secrets now

When is the single seater landing Simon?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.