Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Oldest passenger? 91
Slater

posted on 20/4/16 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Oldest passenger? 91

Hi, today I visited some friends of the family as the chap was interested in the kit car, l took him for quick spin, he's 91 and loved it. Afterwards said it was like sitting in a rocket. We managed to get him in ok, but getting out again was a team effort with his 86 year old wife and I eventually extracting him from the car.

A very good day out. I just hope I can last that long and still have his zest for life.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

bi22le

posted on 20/4/16 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
On a linked topic, a couple of weeks ago I went on a stag do and the grand father of the bride came for the weekend.

82 years old and he did the LOT! 4X4 mud buggies, clay pigeon shooting, go karting, white water rafting and nightclubs to 2am!!

He was a fanny magnet, the hen parties loved it. He even got flashed by a drunk MILF in a bar!

All weekend we all kept on saying how much we hope to have that much life left in us, he was hilarious.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

LBMEFM

posted on 21/4/16 at 05:13 AM Reply With Quote
Life's great, make the most while you can, you are never too old. Well done bi22le for giving him the chance.

[Edited on 21/4/16 by LBMEFM]

[Edited on 21/4/16 by LBMEFM]

russbost

posted on 21/4/16 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
Took my wife's uncle out in the back of the original twin engined Furore, I think he was 83 or 84 at the time, he absolutely loved it. He's 91 now & last year took him up in my plane (a Jabiru J400 for those interested in these things) as a belated treat for his 90th birthday, we'd barely left the runway when he was asking if he could have control!! Once we were clear of the airfield I let him fly it for a while & he managed with no problems at all, I just took over for the final & landing - a week later he tells us he's booked a flying lesson at his local airfield! Brilliant!

As said, I just hope I still have the ability & the desire to do these things if/when I ever get to that age

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
ash_hammond

posted on 21/4/16 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one Keith, glad to see the car is back in use.

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

nick205

posted on 21/4/16 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
Good effort - just goes to show if you've got it hang on to it!

I once took my 38 yr old brother in law for a spin in my MK Indy. He's not a shy chap and quite a keen driver, but he was very quiet by the time I dropped him off at his house

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.