Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: First Drive since Engine Rebuild.
Kitlooney1000

posted on 16/3/05 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
First Drive since Engine Rebuild.

Took mine out last night, first time since before Xmas. went to the New Forest Group monthly meet.
Great to be back on the road again, Car is running well on accelleration, but wont idle. Hope to have a play with the timing and tuning at the weekend.
Got 500 yards from the house and realized that i had connected the oil breather on the engine, staight onto the Servo connector on the manifold (no servo). Only realized because i couldnt see any thing behind for smoke. The engine was sucking the oil out and burning it...... Nice

Roads were well greasy last night, but i was taking it easy anyway, as i am running it in any way.

Couldnt resist to giving it a quick blat up to about 5000 rpm once tho, it was trying to wheel spin in Third (only a 4 speed box)
Ear to Ear , once i got home.

Doesnt matter what Sh*t life throws at you, there is always some other poor bugger worse off!!!!!

Hellfire

posted on 16/3/05 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I can't wait until we're in that situation again.... I fear the summer will be well upon us though but I'm sure it'll be worth waiting for

OX

posted on 16/3/05 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
nice one kitlooney the car looks great,keep smiling dude it only gets better

Kitlooney1000

posted on 17/3/05 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Sorted the idle out, it was where i had connected the breather to the inlet manifold, too much vacuum in the crank i guess.
Runs like a dream now.
Pray for good weather at the weekend, and stay of the roads, there will be a kit-looney on the road . Yee-haa !!!!

Thanks

Lew

Doesnt matter what Sh*t life throws at you, there is always some other poor bugger worse off!!!!!

JamJah

posted on 18/3/05 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
You might have been taking it easy on the way home but was D suicidal on the bend just past Cadnam. I mean Could he really see anything comming...?
Kitlooney1000

posted on 19/3/05 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
probably not !!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.