Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Total KitCar Live
scotty g

posted on 18/9/05 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Total KitCar Live

Did anyone else here get to Brands on the weekend and what impressed you the most?
The highlight of my day was a ride in a Busa powered Fury, my arse cheeks still wont un-clench!!! And the driver confessed that it wasn't quite running right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My dad had a go in the GTS challenger with Triumph speed triple power and he loved it, took him back to his bike racing days in the 60's.
One of the prettiest cars there was ara's Aston Martin copy, absolutely beautiful, just a shame they had some problems with it on the day.
So what did you lot get to play in?

Triton

posted on 18/9/05 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
The Challenger seen at Brands is the one i built......with further mods done by it's present owner Simon Neil to improve things and not a GTS built car.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scotty g

posted on 19/9/05 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
Whatever, its bloody well sorted. Simons only niggle was the diff as it was lacking a bit of top end speed.
A credit to you Triton, very well built indeed. Big thumbs up.

ayoungman

posted on 19/9/05 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
What a great event. Many thanks to Tiger for their very professional company. Had a ride round in their R6- 200bhp Duratec powered car. Blimey, , well over 100 into Paddock. That thing corners like it is on rails. As an ex biker, I'm well impressed with its cornering speed. The driver told me the engine was still being run in ! Rescued attachment DSCF0017.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0017.JPG

"just like that !"

Triton

posted on 19/9/05 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
"The Challenger seen at Brands is the one i built......with further mods done by it's present owner Simon Neil to improve things and not a GTS built car."

I must really thank Simon Neil because he SVA'd the car and sorted out my daft monoshock idea....shame he has to sell it and even bigger shame i am not allowed to have it back(the missus would kill me!!!)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 19/9/05 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I went for a few hours.

Quite enjoyed it - hoping to get there in my locost next year

ATB

Simon

Fat Boy

posted on 26/9/05 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Kit Car Live

Scotty G your right the Gts Challenger was the Biss, but so was there other cars, the Locost was stuning, and there wide body one was also stuning so I bought a kit as soon as I saw it, but there Silhouette with the Duratec was sumthing else so that sold it to me,to do a wide body Duratec, sorry Going back to the challenger ive just seen the Gts challenger in there work shop being built by them, funny that.
scotty g

posted on 27/9/05 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one Fatboy, agree with you on the +4 car, very tidy, bodywork was really good and i liked the roll cage, not too bulky looking. Personally i prefer the standard dimensions of the black demonstrator and i was amazed at the leg room, i'm 5'11" and i would need to move the seat forward quite a way.
As awesome as the Challenger is i have to say that from a styling point of view it doesn't exactly float my boat but the build quality is superb.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.