Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1st accident!
NS Dev

posted on 3/10/05 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
ok, ok, ok, who's not been in a car thats rolled ???

come on, show of hands, you, lad, at the back, put that hand up or down, none of this half way silly business..........

(I'll now wait for NS Dev who i seem to recall has managed to roll, flip, plough a furrow and catch fire all in the same accident - its not clever, its just showing off)

[Edited on 29/9/05 by MikeR]

Ok Mike, here I am!

Wet corner, at well below the speed limit, crappy vw polo on brand new tyres, diesel on the road, understeertastic, lift-off oversteer, up a kneecapper curb which ripped the sump and front left wheel off pushing it through the footwell, then end over end 3 times down the hedge, 3 barrel rolls sideways, came to rest roughly right way up in the ditch on the wrong side of the road facing the opposite way to the way I was going, then noticed it was nicely on fire as well!

Smashed our way out (me and 2 mates) and legged it. It went whooomph properly about 3 or 4 mins later, glad we weren't trapped or I wouldn't be writing this now.

I found that I no had probs at all afterwards once the initial shock (2 days ish) had gone. (and the cut hand and bruised head) I am exceedingly careful in the wet now and HATE front wheel drive cars. I bought a rwd Opel Manta GTE once I had saved up over the summer and that was soooooooo much better to drive than the polo it was unreal, suddenly realised what steering feel actually was..............front wheel drive cars are utter shite. (tried a 205 gti a few years later, sold it after 2 months, fwd cars = crap!!)

Interesting point Oliver J, where are you from etc? I went to college in shropshire and live in leicestershire, interesting to see you swap between those counties too!

[Edited on 3/10/05 by NS Dev]

zzrpowerd-locost

posted on 16/10/05 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Was in on like that when i was six! driver pulled out to overtake a tractor n trailer but road wernt clear, pulled in quickly cliped back of trailer n car fliped twice! was trapped by the legs, still have nightmares bout it 23 years later!

Glad you were all ok thou!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.