Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Le Mans Trip - Bl**dy Fantastic!!!
russbost

posted on 17/6/09 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Le Mans Trip - Bl**dy Fantastic!!!

Got back from Le Mans Mon evening, knackered but absolutely over the moon with both the whole event & how the car had performed. Me & passenger, camping gear etc all went in no problem & just to top it off bought 2 cases of wine to pop in the sidepods for when we got home!!!
A few pics below, lots more here

Ready to go - 3.30Am, YuKK!!!
Ready to go - 3.30Am, YuKK!!!

We saw loads of interesting cars (& people!)

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]

Some jolly nice young ladies (think they've had a problem with the spelling of pistontetes tho'!!)

Pistontetes!
Pistontetes!

The speed chills girls actually came & asked us to have their picture taken with the car!!!!

Speed Chills Girls
Speed Chills Girls

More interesting vehicles

[img]
[/img]

& finally retuned home

Triumphal return!
Triumphal return!

Oh! Forgot to say did a TV interview on Fri & bumped into Tiff Needell on Sun evening & drove most of the circuit Monday morning!
So........................, who's coming with us next year then!???

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
carpmart

posted on 17/6/09 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

So........................, who's coming with us next year then!???

I thought it was only a two seater

Unless your currently build an F1 replica motorhome so you can accommodate more people

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

novacaine

posted on 17/6/09 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
I've been trying to yet to le mans for the last 5 years ( yes 5 years) but damned exams have always got in the way

I WILL be going next year, taking a year out before off to uni for another 4 years of missing le mans

How was the racing this year? I heard that the peugeot finally put an end to audis winning streak, I bet that made the locals happy

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but its sinking, Racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but your older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death

yellow melos

posted on 17/6/09 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
Nice Austin Agro's !!!!
02GF74

posted on 17/6/09 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Go Lewis

you are back the wrong horse, GO JASON GO!!!

FASTdan

posted on 17/6/09 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like you had a similar experience to me - in that your car is only just on the road but made it to le mans and back (well done) - I was over the moon too! Totally amazing trip, best drive ever. I walked past your car numerous times as we were on BJ - looks really good!

This was us leaving one of the tolls.....had no idea how low it is when loaded!

[Edited on 17/6/09 by FASTdan]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
russbost

posted on 17/6/09 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
"How was the racing this year?"

There was racing too??? Why didn't anyone tell me!!!???

It's a bit weird, not really like going to a race meeting at all as it goes on so long, fantastic watching the cars thro' the nite with brake discs & turbos glowing orange! The peugeots semed to have it pretty well sown up from early on, & Audi didn't have too much luck either, stonking performance by the Lola Astons to make 4th!

"you are back the wrong horse, GO JASON GO!!!"
Do you possibly mean Jenson??? I'd already bought the paint by the time the season got going - white with green/yellow stripes would have been much simpler.

Fastdan that looks like a recipe for disaster over a speedbump!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

eddie99

posted on 17/6/09 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds awesome, everyone seems to have had a great time. Hopefully i can join you all next year and hope i have finished my exams by then....

Car looks fantastic with the paint job by the way... :p

Ed

andy o

posted on 17/6/09 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
we got back monday,best 24hr for years!!!fantastic can't wait for next year,there really is nothing like it
blakep82

posted on 17/6/09 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
Go Lewis

you are back the wrong horse, GO JASON GO!!!

brilliant

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

maskedavenger

posted on 17/6/09 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
i saw your car there looked realy good
i took my zetec powerd avenger
was a brilliant weekend

russbost

posted on 17/6/09 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
"took my zetec powerd avenger"

Hence masked avenger! Think I may have seen it up the Mad Mulsanne meet, is it white or cream, surely there weren't 2 there!!

maskedavenger

posted on 17/6/09 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
yea its cream (old english white )with a black stripe
cant say i saw any others... lol

Kosmo

posted on 20/6/09 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
I saw the furore at the Mulssane meet on Friday.... looks great.

Anyway here's a pic of mine looking small car next to an R8 !

Le Mans '09 - R8 & Striker
Le Mans '09 - R8 & Striker

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.