Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fuel filler
cd.thomson

posted on 25/3/10 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
fuel filler

Morning,

Could anyone advise on how the fuel filler system is constructed?

On my tank I have a large diameter open hole where I presume the main filler hose connects. Right next to this I have a smaller diameter sealed pipe.

I can buy all the parts from Dax for £116 + VAT + delivery. Does this seem reasonable? Can anyone give me a complete parts list?

[Edited on 25/3/10 by cd.thomson]

Craig

boggle

posted on 25/3/10 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
i would assume the small one is a breather, but do you need a return from your engine setup??

where are you mounting your fillercap???

top or on the back pannell??

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

boggle

posted on 25/3/10 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
large diameter open hole??

does it have holes on a pcd??

this could be the sender hole??

the inlet will have a tube...

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

tomprescott

posted on 25/3/10 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Pics? As above, you're probably looking at the sender hole. If dax are offering filler neck, cap and sender for that price it's pretty good, if there isn't a sender with it I think thats a bit steep.

A bird in the hand....

blakep82

posted on 25/3/10 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
all i know is you're using carbs,m so you don't need a fuel return thingy

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

cd.thomson

posted on 25/3/10 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
sorry I don't think I've made myself clear. The fuel system from tank to carbs is fully finished.

I'm trying to figure out how to actually fill the tank up from a petrol pump rather than just sticking the hose into the large pipe in the top of the tank

I understand I need filler hose, breather hose, vents, filler caps, restrictors and all sorts, but I'm not sure what I need to buy..

eta- boggle, I'm mounting it on the rear end, horizontally. i.e. at right angles to the large diameter pipe.

eta- tom prices are listed as follows:

Filler cap ~ flush fitting lockable £ 75.95
Filler Pipe Assembly. £ 40.20

Which I presume is everything I need.

Craig

cd.thomson

posted on 25/3/10 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
by "sender" do you mean fuel level sender? this is fitted already too.

Craig

tomprescott

posted on 25/3/10 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I meant fuel level sender so if that's finished then all you need is the filler. The pumps automatically stop when pressure reaches a certain point - as far as I know if you have a breather and all of your lines sorted it should just be a case of filler neck and cap. I think that both of those are a bit too expensive to be honest, I would be lloking at £50 and under for the filler cap, and circa £30 for the neck.

A bird in the hand....

RK

posted on 25/3/10 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
seems like a lot of money for the filler cap. shop around!
blakep82

posted on 25/3/10 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
filler cap and funnel can be had for a lot less surely? then you just need a bit of fuel filler hose

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

cd.thomson

posted on 25/3/10 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Okay, so I dont require a breather, non-return valve or unleaded insert? Say I filled the tank and drove the car for a few miles wouldnt a dodgy vacuum be formed?

fuel filler cap from cbs is £71

filler neck £20

2" fuel filler hose £18

all before VAT and delivery so perhaps the Dax values are right..

Craig

Julian B

posted on 25/3/10 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

On Mine the filler neck has a small vent take off at the top which needs routing via a small diameter pipe at high level to the opposite side of the car ( off side in my case ) to end up at low level below the tank.

Does that help

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.