Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Pedal Rubber & Cat for MOT
mdc124

posted on 17/11/04 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
Pedal Rubber & Cat for MOT

Can anyone tell me what pedal rubbers fit the standard MK pedals? (brake)

Also, whats involved in fitting a cat to the exhaust system if i cant get the mot tester to believe it doesn't need one?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Matthew

Http://www.farend.co.uk/

The first MK Turnkey Indy

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Chris_R

posted on 18/11/04 at 06:52 AM Reply With Quote
Find your local skateboarders shop and order a foot of grip tape. It's like adhesive sand paper and can be cut to size once it's on the pedal. It comes in loads of colours and is cheap too.

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Chris_R

posted on 18/11/04 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
£2.99 a yard.

http://www.cyclesense.co.uk/products.php?plid=m7b80s237p0&tbv=STATESIDE_SKATEBOARDS_SKATEBOARDS_Grip_Tape&PHPSESSID=7726fac2255640fac4789a00a0 6dc658

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

Hellfire

posted on 18/11/04 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mdc124
Can anyone tell me what pedal rubbers fit the standard MK pedals? (brake) V

Also, whats involved in fitting a cat to the exhaust system if i cant get the mot tester to believe it doesn't need one?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Matthew

Matthew,

Vauxhall Corsa rubbers fit the MK standard pedals nicely. Try your local scrappy.

If MOT tester thinks it needs a Cat, try a different MOT testing station. Alternatively, tell him he doesn't know how to do his job properly (although I personally wouldn't recommend the latter)

mdc124

posted on 19/11/04 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire

Alternatively, tell him he doesn't know how to do his job properly (although I personally wouldn't recommend the latter)

Actually - the point is he would be knowing how to do it properly, as my car was built by MK technically it does need a cat even though its a pre'94 engine

Thanks for the info - its all appreciated - i never thought of grip tape for sk8rs

Http://www.farend.co.uk/

The first MK Turnkey Indy

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.