Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: new engine loom
HowardB

posted on 19/1/16 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
new engine loom

After all the endless issues with starting and running I took the plunge to make a new engine loom.

pre_layout
pre_layout

Measuring the sensor layout and route I transferred this to paper, the ecu bottom middle, and the sensor plugs at each position. Each place has the cable colour, the plug pin number and then the ecu pin number. Loads of prep work made being confident with each cut easier.

The cables were laid out, and cut, each joint soldered and covered with heat shrink.

layout
layout

The loom was finished as below, and then tested in the car for fit before wrapping in plastic trunking,. not the neatest, but, and a massive but, it now works

Now to re-wire the whole car.

might take a little longer, especially when finding odd things like a 10v regulator that's not on any of the wiring diagrams,. and the fact that all the wiring is pink or yellow!!

Nights in the garage coming up

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

peter030371

posted on 19/1/16 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
I do find making a good, neat, and well made loom very satisfying
nelmo

posted on 22/1/16 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
I'm about to do my own loom for the first time and I just wanted to ask if there is a standard method of wrapping the wiring?

I've got a flying loom from the ECU manufacturer to start me off. My plan was heat shrink first and then some fairly loose rubber tubing/piping on top, with insulating tape at any junctions and maybe cable wrap in exposed places.

Does that sound ok?

Build Blog

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.