Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: little things by drivers that really irritate you
Ivan

posted on 6/8/16 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Tourists driving on the wrong side of the road.

Speedhumps taller than my Cobra's nose clearance.

Speed traps in areas where its safe to do twice the speed limit and the road has been designed for a much higher speed limit.

Strangely enough I like speed over distance speed traps as they never set point traps in those areas and you can speed happily after clearing slower traffic to keep your average speed up.

[Edited on 6/8/16 by Ivan]

gaz_gaz

posted on 6/8/16 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
BMW and Audi drivers

Which model Ford is it you drive?

40inches

posted on 6/8/16 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phil.J
Drivers, especially at night who sit in a traffic queue with their foot on the foot brake instead of using the hand brake.

I have driven automatics for the last 40 years, (Blimey! that was 18 cars )and every single owners manual stated specifically NOT to apply the hand brake, and select neutral at junctions/lights, but to leave the car in drive and apply footbrake.
I can only assume that there are a lot of autos out there? On the other hand, there are a lot of W**kers out there as well

[Edited on 6-8-16 by 40inches]

[Edited on 6-8-16 by 40inches]

coozer

posted on 6/8/16 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Phew, surprised nobody has had a go at me...

For me, people who can't get up to speed on sliproads then floor it once they in the middle lane and everybody else who has no conception of the keep left unless overtaking rule...

Then there's tailgating.....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

joneh

posted on 6/8/16 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWallace
+1 for the baby/little princess on board signs. Why do I need to know this? Do they think that I was about to deliberately crash into them but am now reconsidering my options because of the sign, or are they trying to prove to me that they are virile - I don't care! The original reason for them was to say that there was more than one person in the car and therefore that they could use the multiple occupants only lanes.

The other one is people with their rear fog lights on when it's not foggy.

It's not for your benefit, it's to let first responders know so they can check for a thrown baby chair etc.

coozer

posted on 6/8/16 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
Forgot to say high beam as well. Its not just on empty roads, its everywhere, all night!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Slimy38

posted on 6/8/16 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Forgot to say high beam as well. Its not just on empty roads, its everywhere, all night!!

Part of that lies with manufacturers though. I was thoroughly ashamed of my Mercedes headlights, they were so damned bright that I must have annoyed so many people. Even dipped and fully adjusted downwards they still had the ability to illuminate a small stadium. Oh yeah, and fully automatic too, there was no 'off' switch!!

Some cars DRL's aren't far behind. Audi and Range Rover can be particularly blinding if you catch them at the wrong angle.

David Jenkins

posted on 6/8/16 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Have you noticed how many cars these days have absolutely useless rear indicators? VAG cars are amongst the worst (apart from the big autobahn tourers) but they're not alone - plenty of other manufacturers are just as bad.

It's tricks like putting the indicator lens in the middle of, or alongside, the rear/brake light. Once the driver has put his foot on the brakes you can't see the indicator. Or the indicator lens is so small that it's insignificant, or carefully shaped so that direct sunshine completely blanks it out.

Compare this to a big Mercedes, or the biggest BMWs*, where the indicator is designed to be seen on autobahns - massive and bright.

* when the BMW driver has remembered to top up the indicator fluid...

[Edited on 6/8/16 by David Jenkins]

Hodor

posted on 6/8/16 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
Drivers that don't wave or acknowledge when you have stopped or pulled in to let them continue on. Ignorant twats. Where i live has a lot of single track roads and this really grinds my gears.
Smoking Frog

posted on 6/8/16 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hodor
Drivers that don't wave or acknowledge when you have stopped or pulled in to let them continue on. Ignorant twats. Where i live has a lot of single track roads and this really grinds my gears.

Also drivers that wave when they DO have right of way. Why are you waving at me, I am not your friend! Maybe a bit mean.

gary gsx

posted on 6/8/16 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Rear fog lights on in the rain...

Caravans that do 55 overtake them at 56 bugger me 5miles later they come past and slow down to 55

And twats that wear shorts and a vest on scooters and motorbikes coz they are a tad warm

Garf

avagolen

posted on 6/8/16 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
People that move from the motorway onto the slip road to 'undertake' the queue on the motorway - crossing solid white lines in the process.

'supposedly professional' drivers as well - HGV's and Taxi's

The Answer for everything, but never the last word....

BigFaceDave

posted on 6/8/16 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
How about the boy racers in there saxo's and corsa's with subs and amps in built up areas?! I've the unfortunate pleasure of living in the middle of a housing estate and they seem to think it's fine to sit right outside my window at midnight whilst playing their 'music' full volume!
Irony

posted on 6/8/16 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Aggressive tossers who overtake to gain one place in a queue with absolutely no gain.
Irony

posted on 6/8/16 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
FARMERS.
myke pocock

posted on 6/8/16 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Totally agree about the useless rear indicators. Perhaps its partly to do with me being colour blind but not only are they confusing theyre NOT effin CONSISTENT in design. All rear lights should be totally seperate and not combined as though they were a work of modern feckin art!!!! AND RELAXXXXX!!!!!
coozer

posted on 6/8/16 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Just picked the wife up from work...

Taxi drivers

Sitting outside her shop where the rank is 90° corner bib bib... waving me on... 2 fingers!!!

The ranks in front of the shop but the taxi waitings round the corner were as the bit of road where they can see round to the rank is a loading bay with 7am to 9pm on it and cause I'm waiting to load the wife that think that have the first say!!!
Then they pull on and off the rank without any indication and run the red light in front of the rank..

Not forgetting the one who stopped right in front of me in a supermarket car park as I was hauling 3 bags of shopping to the Car... Tosser...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

L5W

posted on 6/8/16 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
all above + the car you follow that stops dead at every roundabout when said roundabout it totally clear from all on coming traffic

http://l5w-mk-indy-zetec.blogspot.com/

Benzine

posted on 7/8/16 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
FARMERS.

Always seem to be holding a mobile to their ear around here

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SteveWallace

posted on 7/8/16 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joneh
quote:
+1 for the baby/little princess on board signs. Why do I need to know this? Do they think that I was about to deliberately crash into them but am now reconsidering my options because of the sign, or are they trying to prove to me that they are virile - I don't care! The original reason for them was to say that there was more than one person in the car and therefore that they could use the multiple occupants only lanes.

The other one is people with their rear fog lights on when it's not foggy.

It's not for your benefit, it's to let first responders know so they can check for a thrown baby chair etc.

I stand corrected and I substitute over-bright headlights, particularly on SUV's that dazzle oncoming traffic even when they are dipped.

David Jenkins

posted on 7/8/16 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I stand corrected and I substitute over-bright headlights, particularly on SUV's that dazzle oncoming traffic even when they are dipped.

Or Volvos, which have headlights set so close to the limits that it looks like the driver is flashing you when approaching you on bumpy roads...

David Jenkins

posted on 7/8/16 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Although I agree with nearly all the whinges listed above, I've developed a relaxed approach to driving that goes back to the time when I first learned to drive - treat everyone else as a complete idiot until proved otherwise. I'm pretty good at spotting when a car looks like it's going to pull out or change lanes without indicating, I don't drive the Locost into roundabouts as fast as I'm able as other drivers just don't expect to see a little car suddenly pop out at them, and I generally expect 4x4 drivers to drive like plonkers (rarely disappointed). Most HGV drivers are pretty good, but I'm wary of the foreign ones (we get a lot of them as I live fairly close to Felixstowe).

As my viewpoint is low to the road in the Locost, I leave plenty of space, anticipate problems as far as possible, and try to stay away from potential plonkers. I think this goes back to the times when I rode a motorbike, as the same rules apply. This philosophy also applies when I'm driving the tin-top... nothing's so urgent that arriving a few minutes later will matter.

There have been times when I've experienced drivers who have totally lost the plot - including one road-rage - but they are the sort of driver who, thankfully, you don't see too often. Otherwise I just try to avoid getting upset or stressed by other drivers, and my life on the road is much better for it.

posted on 7/8/16 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
On the subject of farmers,

one was being interviewed on local radio the other day, sort of life story, how he got started, became a farm manager etc etc.

One of the questions the lady interviewer (Lesley Dolphin) asked him was "What do you hate?"

He answered with, "two abreast bicycles, blocking the bloomin' road."

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

The poor old bloke with a Jag can't fit a bonnet mascot, but aggro-culturats can drive huge vehicles with fixed throttles
and spikes poking out everywhere.

Paul G

coyoteboy

posted on 7/8/16 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Always give way to traffic coming from your right.." - I b****y wish!! 

Not diverting from your point but the rules actually say give way to traffic already on the roundabout, not traffic from the right. This leads on to my other hatred, people who fly up to roundabouts, don't realise you're already pulling onto it before they arrive and get upset when you are "in their way". Tough luck boyo, I was on it first and you were driving like a loon.

Slimy38

posted on 7/8/16 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoking Frog
Also drivers that wave when they DO have right of way. Why are you waving at me, I am not your friend! Maybe a bit mean.

Possibly a bit mean. I don't wave normally, but if I'm a bit further back in a line of cars and there's an oncoming car having to wait for all of us to pass, I do show appreciation for them having to wait longer than just one car.

It's mainly because I've also seen cars give way to one or two cars, but then try and push their luck as time goes on. It's not as if the right of way changes depending on the number of cars!!

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.