Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: driving problem
andy d (rizla)

posted on 27/3/05 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
driving problem

has anyone had a problem driving thier bec over long distances,i did 150 miles yesterday on a trip to clacton-on-sea

the car drove faultlesly,but i found myself getting a dead leg/foot on my accelerater foot after a long stretch on the motorway,i had to pull in to the services and take a walk about for 5 mins,then continue on with no problems

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 27/3/05 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Andy Should have got a MK
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andy d (rizla)

posted on 27/3/05 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
asked for that didnt i,

i think its a problem with motorway boredom(foot in same position all the time)

just wonderd if anyone had any tips(other than the ludicrous reason i should have got a mk)

seriosly though i think its the way i am sitting in the car, i can drive hundreds of miles with no probs if it on a and b roads,but after 100 mile on the motor way i suffer from pins and needles

i know these types of car are not tourers,
would rubber on the pedals help,i have like grip tape at the mo

Peteff

posted on 27/3/05 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
In my locost I put a square of ribbed mat for heel grip to give something to push against occasionally and stretch leg muscles.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

JoelP

posted on 27/3/05 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
how about installing cruise control? for instance, the foot pedal works by pulling the cable, you could make a small hand lever to push the cable sleeve away from the pedal, install a lever by your knee to operate it, and maybe eevn rig up something to the brake to disconnect it. only a few hours work

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

RogerM

posted on 27/3/05 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
I have always had problems in 7's due to having more metal than bone in my legs and a fake knee. To get around this problem I don't sit at one speed on motorways. I will drop back and follow a truck for a couple of miles then give it a blast upto cruising speed, stay there for a junction or three and then repeat the cycle.

To be fair, if I can avoid motorways I do. With a 7 you don't get so stuck behind slow things so going mainly A roads doesn't slow you down much and sure helps with the entertainment value.

(If I have to take the car really long distances then I put it on a trailer...)

Stuart Ainslie

posted on 27/3/05 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andy d (rizla)
has anyone had a problem driving thier bec over long distances,i did 150 miles yesterday on a trip to clacton-on-sea

the car drove faultlesly,but i found myself getting a dead leg/foot on my accelerater foot after a long stretch on the motorway,i had to pull in to the services and take a walk about for 5 mins,then continue on with no problems

I thought the stops were due to your bladder problem

andy d (rizla)

posted on 27/3/05 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
very good stu

thanx for your comments everyone(like the trailer idea)

i think i will vary my driving,on off throttle etc,its only if i sit with my foot in the same position constantly

carnut

posted on 27/3/05 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
I always find its my left ancle that starts to ache from holding it off the clutch. I think im going to make a little bracket to rest my foot on while crusing.
JoelP

posted on 27/3/05 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
thats why i like cruise control - i sit sideways with my feet up on the dash.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

OX

posted on 27/3/05 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
used a rubber cover off a peugeot on my pedal ,maybe it stops the vibrations a little

Marcus

posted on 28/3/05 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
I think the pins and needles thing is lack of circulation in the feet caused by the wrong seat - pressure on the arteries etc, sit on a cushion on long journeys!

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

andy d (rizla)

posted on 9/4/05 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
problem cured,ive moved the seat forward 3-4 inches then tilted it backwards so my thighs rest on the front of the seat,simple,should have thought of it ages ago
billy

posted on 9/4/05 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
i get the same thing, i found out that i was sitting on my wallet and it was digging in to my butt, must of been slowing the blood down, my foot would go knumb after 30 mins. i blame the hard grp seats

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

paulf

posted on 9/4/05 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
I also have found exactly the same , now keep wallet in jacket pocket .
Paul.
quote:
Originally posted by billy
i get the same thing, i found out that i was sitting on my wallet and it was digging in to my butt, must of been slowing the blood down, my foot would go knumb after 30 mins. i blame the hard grp seats

clbarclay

posted on 9/4/05 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
thats why i like cruise control - i sit sideways with my feet up on the dash.

An equally dangerous trick i've done before know to rest my right foot whalst on a motorway was to cross my legs and use the left foot maintain a stead speed whalst exercising the right foot to get some life back into it. Having said that, that was in a golf not a 7 style car so there is the room to do that.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.