Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bruntingthorpe rumour...
JUD

posted on 25/2/07 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Bruntingthorpe rumour...

Heard a whisper that Bruntingthorpe has been closed for track days due to complaints from local residents.

Find it a bit hard to believe, but has anybody heard anything factual?

Cheers

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

flak monkey

posted on 25/2/07 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
I find it hard to believe because its in the middle of absolutely nowhere!

PLus its used as a proving ground for the motor industry, so i doubt they would close it for tracking.

http://www.bruntingthorpe.com/

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

chriscook

posted on 25/2/07 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
The Sylva track days aren't happening there as they have in previous years due to noise. I've also heard that some of the people that do advanced driver training there have had problems due to noise also...
andrews_45

posted on 25/2/07 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
I can believe it. A solicitor bought a farmhouse next to Darley Moor (its in middle of knowhere) and started taking legal action against the noise. It now has hardly any sessions for bike testing (3 per year IIRC).

Some folk are shits!

simes43

posted on 25/2/07 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
I was there last week. Noise is an issue.

We were asked not to run too close together to reduce levels.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 25/2/07 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Its true, came out about 2 weeks ago on a couple of threads on Pistonheads, such as this one

flak monkey

posted on 25/2/07 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Now thats really suprising! I am very suprised, those who have been there will know what I mean that its in the middle of nowhere, there are only a few farm houses around, and they are a good distance off IIRC. Sound can carry a long way with the wind though...

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

macnab

posted on 25/2/07 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
that happened to our model plane club, we were there for years and then some idiots moved into the houses and started complaining about the noise and now we have drasticly cut flying hours! why the hell did they move there??? what did the think the windsock was about??? bas$%rds

the_fbi

posted on 25/2/07 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Now thats really suprising! I am very suprised, those who have been there will know what I mean that its in the middle of nowhere, there are only a few farm houses around

Hm....
Come out of main gate, turn left, less than 1/4 mile to a village.
1/8 mile after turning left out of the main gate, turn left and you go down a 2 mile road to another village, which backs onto the bottom right corner of the main straight.

I didn't take the road staight out of the main gate, so no idea where that goes, but those other 2 villages are pretty close.

Villages are, Bruntingthorpe, Peatling Prava and Gilmorton. Photo coming.....
Description
Description

[Edited on 25/2/07 by the_fbi]

spaximus

posted on 25/2/07 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
I suspect local councils are being encouraged to do this sort of thing. I live near Castle Coombe and the councillors were against restrictions, but the officals made it go through due to noise. The circuit is the second oldest and was an airfield before, but it only takes one enobled person (in the case of Coombe) to force the law onto a democratically elected body in such a way as to render them usless.
I would turn Bruntingthorpe back into an active Airfield, and then let those who live near an airfield moan. If they did this once the rest would be thankful to hear cars everyday instead of planes.

skydivepaul

posted on 25/2/07 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
as with most things in this country the blair government policy and the people who follow it are turning this country into the green jacket brigade. health and safety, too loud, too fast too smokey too much alcohol, too much salt, too much fat...........so you cant do it

makes my fecking blood boil

too many do gooders than doers!!!

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

MikeR

posted on 26/2/07 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
Friend was hunting for a house the other year. She found this lovely old house, beautiful. They organised to view it on a bank holiday weekend, execpt the owners had some prior engagements so they could only view at certain times.

As she told me i told her to go back to the village and some other times, specifically x,y and z. While she was there she might like to take her fiance 200 yards up the road to mallory park race track.

Amazing how greatful someone could be, they'd been given times when no one would be racing & she loved the place. Went back when i told her too and she said she hated it. In fact i think the quote was "i can understand why people complain about the noise if they moved in un-aware of the track"

(fiance enjoyed watching the practice)

damien

posted on 26/2/07 at 06:33 AM Reply With Quote
if you dont like the noise dont move next to a track..
i would love to get a place over looking the ring

Topaz gti6-tb 205 Gti (ph1.5)
Sigma 2.0 8v 306 XSI (ph1)
Provence 1.9 8v dturbo (ph2)

Donuts

posted on 26/2/07 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
We (work) have been doing some test work with a bus around bruntingthorpe. I will see what I can find out next time i am up there.

Fly Like a mouse, Run Like a cushion, Be the small Bookcase

Dave J

posted on 26/2/07 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
Should be interesting when they start to ground test the engines on the Vulcan being restored to flight this year. When it takes to the skies again, surely even the locals might be vaguely enthusiastic about that. We can all dream about the fantastic aircraft industry (amongst others) we had before the Government (with the help of the yanks) completely shafted it

Read up on the TSR2.

Anyway, that noise should blow a few hats off

Cheers,

Dave

iank

posted on 2/3/07 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by damien
if you dont like the noise dont move next to a track..
i would love to get a place over looking the ring

Saw a program a few years ago that included a section where some city t*ss*r had moved into a flat opposite a fire station and tried to sue them for setting their sirens off late at night. Turned out he'd viewed once during the day. Some people are complete muppets.

You find a lot of people who move out into the country expecting a rural idyll complain about cows making too much noise and the smell they make. They moved into a house next to a field full of cow sh*t what the hell did they expect.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

MikeR

posted on 2/3/07 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
reminds me of when i dated a london girl born and bred. She came to meet my parents and saw all these lovely sheep in the fields on the journey up.

She had real difficulty eating the roast lamb dinner that day

People need to learn a degree of tollerance, its just occured to me if you moved next door to a track doing say 50 track days a year and then they started doing 200 - i think it is fair that someone should be allowed to complain. I'm sure the circuit would start to complain if you started spraying water into the air that fell onto the track.

Peteff

posted on 2/3/07 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
the blair government policy and the people who follow it are turning this country into the green jacket brigade.

I don't think it's the people who voted Labour who are buying farms next to race tracks mate

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.