Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Would a MK Indy turnkey car pass the SVA?
Alez

posted on 12/9/03 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Would a MK Indy turnkey car pass the SVA?

Hi guys,

I've not found any info on the subject at the MK website. I am considering a MK Indy Blade, but it has to be road legal, and I was wondering if these are being built so they would pass the SVA straight from the factory or not.

Thanks.

Alex

chrisg

posted on 12/9/03 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Yes they do

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

RoadkillUK

posted on 12/9/03 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Not entirely true

Hornet's car failed but I believe MK sorted the problems out and had it retested.

Quote from Hornet's site

Wednesday 26/3/03 FAILURE!
SVA failed - Emissions (the car needs full emmission tests as it is being tested as a produced by a small manufacturer - even though it's a '92/'93 engine) - Handbrake warning light - must have a picture of a handbrake on it (well, clearly marked anyway) - Doh!
Am getting bored now, ho hum.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
donut

posted on 12/9/03 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
As far as i'm aware they will not give you the car unless it's passed so you will get an SVA'd car if that's what you purchase.

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 12/9/03 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
a "turnkey" car is wot it says, turn the key and drive off, roads legal, SVA,d n register'd, enter MDC..........

Alez

posted on 15/9/03 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Guys,

Thanks a lot for the info. It's all clear now, as usually in the forum.

Cheers,

Alex

mdc124

posted on 20/10/03 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
a "turnkey" car is wot it says, turn the key and drive off, roads legal, SVA,d n register'd, enter MDC..........

Sorry I'm Late!!!

Key Turns - Wheels Turn - even the engine turns!!

Failed First time on very minor points (as mentioned - small manufacturers have to comply to tighter regs than self builds)

And its Fantastic!

I need space to build a GT )

Http://www.farend.co.uk/

The first MK Turnkey Indy

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.