Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Clutch slip on blade MK????
John Davis

posted on 3/8/04 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
Clutch slip on blade MK????

Not to sure if its my imagination or not but when I was 2 up I think the clutch slipped but then again I may of rested my foot on it, Ive only had the car for 1 day so Wondered if they may slip 2 up, also Accidently went from 3rd to 2nd gear (thinking of normal box) ouch at high revs how many times can it handle that before things go kabomb. (sorry but it is my first day, I promise I will get better, Apart from that Im LOVING IT
Lightning

posted on 3/8/04 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
Funny, my cars only been the road for a day. Experienced the same sort of thing on my blade. I think its not slipping but as the revs increase it suddnly comes on song and accelarates hard. This gives the impression of slip. I might be wrong time will tell.
I also have had to get used to the gear change. I don't know about you but a few times I managed to get neutral. NOt cool.

Good fun though. Keeping the licence is going to be the problem though.

Steve

Viper

posted on 4/8/04 at 06:20 AM Reply With Quote
If you are running standard clutches then they could well be slipping when you nail it, your cars are heavier than the original bike and you are putting more rubber down, its gotta go somewhere, might be worth loking at uprated clutch springs at the very least.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 4/8/04 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
There was a thread recently in the bec section where uprating clutch springs was discussed as mentioned above by viper...

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 4/8/04 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Scotlad reports that the blade power comes on strong at 6 thou and that in the wet or if you dont expect it can catch you out. As the man says it may need the uprated springs.

Jon Ison

posted on 4/8/04 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
do it as soon as poss, don't want to oveheat the clucth, will "blue" and warp the steels.

Jon Ison

posted on 4/8/04 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
blue steels

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=blown_clutch.jpg

John Davis

posted on 5/8/04 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for imput from U guys, where do I order uprated clutch springs from, also is worth uprating clutch, what do you recomend and finaly are they harder to drive with an uprated clutch
Viper

posted on 5/8/04 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
try TTS dont know if they have a website.

Jon Ison

posted on 6/8/04 at 06:21 AM Reply With Quote
MK have the springs on the shelf too...

Hellfire

posted on 23/8/04 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
and PDQ

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.