Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Nowt, nothing, zip!!
Guinness

posted on 1/5/06 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Nowt, nothing, zip!!

After getting back from Stoneleigh late last night I thought I'd investigate why I'm so noisy.

Comments ranged from wow to oow! A Caterham R500 owner said I made his ears hurt when I went past him, Hellfire's old man said it was sounding mental, Darren and his dad both commented and poor Joel nearly ended up deaf!

So I took the can off this afternoon, drilled out the rivets and opened it up. No packing, nothing, zip, all gone Just one big empty can!!

This is with 1,000 miles of road use and 1 trackday!! Question is, is this normal, or is this a symptom of an engine / fuel problem?

Oh well, luckily managed to get one of the NE7ER's who was still at the show to pick me up a roll of stuff from CBS!!

Anyone got 6 stainless 3mm rivets. Don't think my ally ones will hold it back on!

BTW This is in no way a critisism of 907's can, which comes apart dead easy and polished up lovely!

Mike

welderman

posted on 1/5/06 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Stick a standard bike can on, make hell of a difference.

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

JoelP

posted on 1/5/06 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
just thought id add mike, i can still hear ringing, whilstling and buzzing

Since the can looks so nice, i guess suggesting a carbon bike can is useless! Experiment with wadding types and keep checking it!

DarrenW

posted on 2/5/06 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Im having nightmares about howling banshees after following you!!!

It did sound good.

wilkingj

posted on 27/6/06 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Ahh... I thought the wadding was only supposed to last until the car got its MAC. On reciept of the MAC at SVA, the wadding realises its job is now complete, and it quietly seeps away leaving you with the full glory of a can with less restrictions than ever before

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Guinness

posted on 27/6/06 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Well, the can was re-packed after Stoneleigh, just in time for the engine to let go on the first run out!!>!?!?!!?

That'll teach me to re-pack my can!

Anyway finished the new engine installation about ten minutes ago, so have to wait until the morning to fire her up. Yvonne mentioned something about waking our five year old up "even with the repacked can".

Might make it to NE7ER's tomorrow night after all.

Cheers

Mike

zxrlocost

posted on 27/6/06 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
I have a straight through race system aswell no packing etc

Its like standing at the front row of a METALLICA concert

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

MikeRJ

posted on 6/7/06 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
My brothers Elise was sounding excessively fruity, to the point that he had to put his cat back on as it was too loud to drive. He chopped open the silencer to find the same lack of wadding. This is in an aftermarket stainless system, so seems like a relatively common problem.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.