Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: After market steering wheel
Chaddy

posted on 22/9/10 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
After market steering wheel

I bought a steering wheel at the weekend (Stafford show) and it fits a treat, problem is I now read the IVA manual and it says
"It is possible to fit an 'aftermarket' steering wheel which has been approved for use on any design of column. These will be referred to as "Separate Technical Units". If the presenter can provide satisfactory documentary evidence that this is the case, a "Separate Technical Unit" may be acceptable.
How do I get documentary evidence as there is nothing in the box and if I can't what are my options??

David_17

posted on 22/9/10 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Just fit a sierra one for iva. There'll be loads of builders who've done this, so i'm sure there's loads of spare steering wheels lying around.
matt_claydon

posted on 22/9/10 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chaddy
I bought a steering wheel at the weekend (Stafford show) and it fits a treat, problem is I now read the IVA manual and it says
"It is possible to fit an 'aftermarket' steering wheel which has been approved for use on any design of column. These will be referred to as "Separate Technical Units". If the presenter can provide satisfactory documentary evidence that this is the case, a "Separate Technical Unit" may be acceptable.
How do I get documentary evidence as there is nothing in the box and if I can't what are my options??

99.9% sure your wheel won't have a component approval, there aren't many around. If it does it will have a conspicuous 'e' or 'E' mark.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.