Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rust 2 Rome copilot needed ASAP
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 6/6/12 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Rust 2 Rome copilot needed ASAP

The copilot I had has had to drop out and that's left me with an empty seat.
So if anyone wants to come to Europe could you pm me be quick we leave in 4 weeks.

tegwin

posted on 6/6/12 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Could possibly be up for an adventure... any more info on whats involved?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

mookaloid

posted on 6/6/12 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
how long does it take? sound fun but there's only so long I could take off work

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 6/6/12 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
We leave on 1july and for twelve days drive south towards Rome over the alps ect .
If your short of time you can flyback or we can do previous years routes in reverse.
Cost is on the rust2 Rome website.

Coopz

posted on 7/6/12 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
Would love to Co-Pilot for you...But having just returned from the Dumball Rally on Monday a 3000 mile trip In 8 days to Ukraine I'm still catching up on sleep and out of Holiday. I would urge anyone tempted though to just go for it, these rallys are a fantastic experience and also raising money for good causes.
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 7/6/12 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Rust 2rome is a 12 day adventure across all the roads you see on the top gear program and the italian job que matt monroe

Marko has drivin a lot of these roads so he has linked them up to make some crazy trips. You could fly back and dump the car but I want to use pug to go to the northern lights later this year so I will be returning to the north of germany in the pug via the ring

I would like to have a co pilot so the driving could be shared and when we see stuff we can photograph it

I went through europe on 08s rally with my ex's daughter and she took a thousand pictures of clouds and fuzzy crash barriers.

so I'm keen to avoid that

COSTS
We put the fuel in at 500 shared possibly a bit more as its not motorway. work it out 3500 miles in a pug 106 diesel

A return ferry 75 quid

camping 15 to 20 euros per car per night
I need to insure the car so we will have to put a 100 bucks each that way Ideas needed who to use for this with european breakdown cover please loco collective

FOOD
I buy from Lidls all the way through europe and smaller shops to get local foods as we pass through the regions how much you spend depends on how hungry you are.. Macdonalds at every meal is just Cr***** and expensive.
Your biggest cost is bottled water as you will drink lots of it i the heat.

Spending money in Rome and Paris ect

pewe

posted on 7/6/12 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Try 2GETHER for breakdown cover but be aware some companies will decline to recover if cost of recovery is more than car's value.
Others will refuse to quote on cars over 15 years old so maybe try 2GETHER first.
We recently did 3k miles through France and Italy in a '96 MX5 and the only problem we had was a self-inflicted electrical dead-short.
Fortunately it didn't wreck the holiday but we were lucky.
Enjoy the trip but watch out for French Gendarmes as they speed-trap on Autoroutes (maybe not such a problem?) and IIRC by that time you'll need a breathalyzer kit as well as all the other gubbins they want you to carry in the car.
Cheers, Pewe10

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 9/6/12 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pewe
Try 2GETHER for breakdown cover but be aware some companies will decline to recover if cost of recovery is more than car's value.
Others will refuse to quote on cars over 15 years old so maybe try 2GETHER first.
We recently did 3k miles through France and Italy in a '96 MX5 and the only problem we had was a self-inflicted electrical dead-short.
Fortunately it didn't wreck the holiday but we were lucky.
Enjoy the trip but watch out for French Gendarmes as they speed-trap on Autoroutes (maybe not such a problem?) and IIRC by that time you'll need a breathalyzer kit as well as all the other gubbins they want you to carry in the car.
Cheers, Pewe10

We dont do auto routes ........
And thanks for the advice .....

BUMP

[Edited on 9-6-12 by mangogrooveworkshop]

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 16/6/12 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
bump
JimM

posted on 11/7/12 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure if you made the trip.
Just outside the Vatican I saw 4 cars withe the Rust to Rome logo.
The big Jag looked to be on its last legs however well done to the 4cars that made the journey.
All the way from the UK in rust buckets is quite impressive.

hope you all make it back home.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 14/7/12 at 02:42 AM Reply With Quote
Yes we made it I was there just before that Jim

Its stelvio day today ask dave to facebook link it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.