Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tiger Cat E1 cockpit size
DTO666

posted on 2/5/13 at 06:20 AM Reply With Quote
Tiger Cat E1 cockpit size

HI, I'm considering buying my forst Kit Cat but I'm limited by geography. I live in the north of scotland so my options are limited. My question for the forum is to do with the seating area in the Cat E1. I'm a big guy, 17 stone, and I'm concerned that I'll be too big. Obviously the sensible thing would be to try a car on for size but as I said geography limits that.
Does anyone out there have any cockpit dimensions that would give me some idea what to expect?

wylliezx9r

posted on 2/5/13 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
Cant give you dimensions but I think you will struggle, I'm 6ft 1 and 14 st and find it tight.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

JimM

posted on 2/5/13 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
There are a few Tiger Cats in the North of Scotland ...
Check out the Tigers Owners forum or SKCC forum for help.

You can alway go for the Tiger XL - this has extra width in the drivers area ..

cheers
Jim.

ianm67

posted on 25/6/13 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
Tiger CatE1

Hello,
I built a Tiger CatE1 about 10 years ago. I was at least your weight and I'm 6'3" (although 'short' in the leg at 33"ish). I used the basic pad style 2 piece seats and a flatbottom steering wheel. It was snug and I had to wear karting boots to make enough room in the footwell. Despite this I drove it to Le Mans and back a couple of years on the trot with no ill effects. Do it, they're a hoot..... You may want to consider the GBS Zero GT it will offer you more room in the cockpit...... Or if you have deep pockets, the LWB version of the Dax Rush.....

[Edited on 25/6/13 by ianm67]

Always biting off more than I can chew.....

Matt159888

posted on 15/8/13 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mate im 16.5 stone and 6 foot i find the e1 roomy the locost i have been in much worse! youll be fine pick seat carefully and steering wheel flat bottomed
Bigkiltedwarrior

posted on 12/2/14 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, I'm 6'4 and 16stone and fit in a cat. Tighter in the passenger seat than the driver seat but relatively comfy.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.