Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Friendly ramp owner in Wiltshire
Plunky

posted on 8/5/17 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Friendly ramp owner in Wiltshire

Hello all,
I need to get my engine out to inspect a suspect rear crank seal leak.
I have a garage, but have come to the conclusion that pulling the engine and gearbox in my garage is too cramp and without a ramp is just a PITA!
Are there any friendly garage/ramp owners out there that wouldn't mind me using their facilities for a day or 2?
I'm in Chippenham, so within a half hour radius would be ideal.
Would also be good to meet some fellow seven owners as I am new to the area...
Cheers,
Liam

motivforz

posted on 8/5/17 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
I'm close ish... in Wantage, I've got a space in a barn for 1 car with a little room around it, and I've got two halfords style ramps to get the car safely up in the air. No engine crane or lifts though. Happy to help if the timing suits or just leave you to the space and ramps. I suspect you'll get a better offer of some more suitable facilities though. Let me know if you're struggling to find anything better.

I've taken an engine out of a hatchback by myself before, with just ratchet straps and a trolley jack, just depends on how precious / ambitious you are!

Plunky

posted on 8/5/17 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by motivforz
I'm close ish... in Wantage, I've got a space in a barn for 1 car with a little room around it, and I've got two halfords style ramps to get the car safely up in the air. No engine crane or lifts though. Happy to help if the timing suits or just leave you to the space and ramps. I suspect you'll get a better offer of some more suitable facilities though. Let me know if you're struggling to find anything better.

I've taken an engine out of a hatchback by myself before, with just ratchet straps and a trolley jack, just depends on how precious / ambitious you are!

Thank you for the kind offer.
Really appreciate it.
I'm ideally looking for a ramp, but failing that I may take you up on your offer.

Talon Motorsport

posted on 8/5/17 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
There are places around that you can hire workshops with ramps by the hour google 'rent a ramp'
found this for starters in all of 5 seconds http://ramp-it-up.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Plunky

posted on 9/5/17 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talon Motorsport
There are places around that you can hire workshops with ramps by the hour google 'rent a ramp'
found this for starters in all of 5 seconds http://ramp-it-up.co.uk

I've seen these before.
This will be an option if I cannot find someone local who fancies helping me out.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.