Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New type of fire extinguisher
Mr Whippy

posted on 4/7/19 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
New type of fire extinguisher

Pewe mentioned this in another post and attached the link but I thought it was so good I'd do a new topic so it was not missed

These look just perfect for the car being so easy to store and light and a very decent price too

Nice one Pewe

Website linky

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
McLannahan

posted on 4/7/19 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
I didn't know about these either, thank you Pewe and Whipster.

Very tempted to buy one for my old classic Golfy!

Good call everyone...

SteveRST

posted on 4/7/19 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
I am considering one of these for the kit.

Anyone have any personal experience of using one? Feedback on how they cope with a petrol fueled fire?

loggyboy

posted on 4/7/19 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
Nice idea, but not convinced that engine fire video was anything more than a thin layer of flammable liquid ignited on an pre fire damaged old car.
Better than nothing but since i've had the race car, I don't think its hard or (stupidly) expensive to fit a proper plumbed in extinguisher to any car.

Mr Whippy

posted on 4/7/19 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Nice idea, but not convinced that engine fire video was anything more than a thin layer of flammable liquid ignited on an pre fire damaged old car.
Better than nothing but since i've had the race car, I don't think its hard or (stupidly) expensive to fit a proper plumbed in extinguisher to any car.

you have a point but I've look at plumbed in systems and the cost has put me off tbh

Most modern cars are also quite crammed for space to fit a normal extinguisher and drilling holes for screws, yeah VW would love me doing that to their car...

[Edited on 4/7/19 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 4/7/19 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
you have a point but I've look at plumbed in systems and the cost has put me off tbh

Most modern cars are also quite crammed for space to fit a normal extinguisher and drilling holes for screws, yeah VW would love me doing that to their car...

Yeah for a regular car, anything more than nothing would be a good thing! But would certainly consider a plumbed one if I were to ever finish the kit or was doing another track biased tin top.

JC

posted on 4/7/19 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

They seem quite responsive to feedback - we could contact them and ask about how the test was performed?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.