Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Maxi Ball joint dimensions?
madman280

posted on 18/4/05 at 01:29 AM Reply With Quote
Maxi Ball joint dimensions?

Does anyone know the dimensions of the maxi lower ball joint? I'm looking for the taper, the size of the smaller diameter at the top of the hole in the spindle, the diameter at the lower large hole, the thickness of spindle that the ball joint taper fits into, the thread size, and lastly the distance from any point to the center of the ball pivot point. I've searched he archives and can't seem to find all of this. I'm sure someone who has done a bot of suspension design must know these dimensions.
Rorty

posted on 18/4/05 at 03:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by madman280
Does anyone know the dimensions of the maxi lower ball joint? I'm looking for the taper, the size of the smaller diameter at the top of the hole in the spindle, the diameter at the lower large hole, the thickness of spindle that the ball joint taper fits into, the thread size, and lastly the distance from any point to the center of the ball pivot point. I've searched he archives and can't seem to find all of this. I'm sure someone who has done a bot of suspension design must know these dimensions.

Which spindle are you referring to..Maxi or Cortina or other?
If it's Cortina, I can provide all the dimensions you need.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
madman280

posted on 18/4/05 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
I may be mistaken but I was under the impression that the two were interchangable. So the cortina spindle dimensions would be great thanks
Rorty

posted on 18/4/05 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by madman280
I may be mistaken but I was under the impression that the two were interchangable. So the cortina spindle dimensions would be great thanks

The maxi balljoint will fit the Cortina upright, but I doubt if its socket dimensions match the Maxi ones.
Anyway, let me know your email address and I'll send you the file you want.

Cheers, Rorty.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
madman280

posted on 18/4/05 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Rorty,

I'll send you a u2u with my email address.

CJ

dnmalc

posted on 5/5/05 at 05:14 AM Reply With Quote
Rorty, I too would be interested in the dimensions so if you could u2u me the information I would be grateful

Thanks
:

dnmalc

posted on 5/5/05 at 05:15 AM Reply With Quote
Rorty, I too would be interested in the dimensions so if you could u2u me the information I would be grateful

Thanks
:

Rorty

posted on 5/5/05 at 05:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dnmalc

Thanks
:

I would need your email. I've uploaded them to my archive instead (Maxi balljoint dimensions 01 & 02).

Cheers, Rorty.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.