Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Silly new car owner
AlexS

posted on 21/3/06 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Silly new car owner

I dont really know where to post, so I'll put it in here. Im mid way through fixing my first ever kit car (yep a dutton but despite the reputation they seem to have I like em and dont have the money for a brand new kit )

Obviously im very new to a lot of the topics you guys talk about but i try to keep up, but what is this megasquirt and megajolt you keep talking about?Im guessing some sort of fuel injection and ignition system?Could you explain (like your talking to a 4 year old) a bit more?cost?how good are they?and are they difficult to fit?

Im runnin a 1600Xflow on 32/36 webers with a k&n, nice runner, would like to get a little bit more out of it, without just swapping it for a 2l pinto (i dont know enough about what im doing to take that task on yet)

Any help very much appreciated

jonno

posted on 21/3/06 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
nothing wrong with a dutton matey , have a look in the Fuel injection / EFI section also search for megasquirt (fuel & spark control) and megajolt (spark only) soz cannot help any more just yet, i keep looking about this stuff thou
AlexS

posted on 21/3/06 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Haha i knew there had to be another dutton owner somewhere on here

btw you have U2U

AlexS

posted on 21/3/06 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Okay dokey, have trawled the forum search about megajolt/squirt. Have a good idea what it does now, but still a bit confused over the fitting and setting - is it a big job?I mean I am not exactly experienced with engines...

It looks pretty daunting, what sort of money would it cost to have some fit one?house is on the market so I dont want the car off the road for too long, especially if its stuck in my garage!

Chippy

posted on 21/3/06 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Alex, sounds like you are a bit new to the black art of motor mangling. I would respectfuly suggest that you stick with what you've got for a while. The 1600 Xflow will push an S2 along plenty fast enough, definately play havock with the 70 MPH limit anyway, and earn you lots of points if not careful. There are an absolute shed load of go faster bits for that engine, if at a later date you want to spend some pennies on the need for speed. Anyway welcome to the forum, and excuse me for rambling on. Have fun, Ray
AlexS

posted on 22/3/06 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Good good, must admit i hadnt made too many plans to advance the tuning on my engine...but you guys seemed to have all these wierd and wonderful ideas!

Sure you'll hear plenty more from me (especially as MOT time is sneaking closer!)

Thanks for the advice

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.