Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 0 to 60
Mezzz

posted on 17/4/06 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
0 to 60

For the life of me I can not find anywhere what a 750MC locost will do 0 to 60 in.

Any one know thanks

Oliver Jetson

posted on 17/4/06 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
Between 5 and 6 seconds is what I manually timed when I had mine to the 750 spec

DickieB

posted on 17/4/06 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
5-6 secs sounds about right. Not really that relevant though when you have 35 other cars around you doing the same thing!
I got rid of my 165 BHP Westfield to go racing, and to be honest, I never missed the power - I was too busy racing. I suppose the aeroscreen on my Locost offset the power loss somewhat as the 165 BHP Westfield had to push a windscreen through the air as well, but a fully caged Locost has a fair amount of drag.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 25/4/06 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
will concur with that.

Grasstrack not tarmac but lots of power or very little, you will be concentrating on the cars around you and to be honest you can be going pathetically slowly or dangerously fast and not notice at all!

sounds daft and stupid but the thing that got me the most when I started racing was having to try and drive into the back of the car in front!!!

Just seemed wrong giving it full throttle with the back of another car 1 ft in front of you........but if you wait a split second, you can wait another lap just to get the gap back to 1 ft again!

Sounds daft but as a novice it just felt very odd!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Jon Ison

posted on 26/4/06 at 06:21 AM Reply With Quote
The thing I notice with most difference from road too track, is when the lights go out the car in front actually moves. providing there is one in front that is........ there normally is more than one though.....

Best bit of advice on starts, its not traffic lights so don't wait for the car in front too move or he will be gone, and always remember you cant win a race in the 1st corner but you sure can lose it, and one last one i like........

Too come 1st, 1st you have too finish.

DickieB

posted on 26/4/06 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
The only problem with sitting 1 foot off the guy in front is when he misses a gear, and you go in the back of him! Not done it myself, but have seen it done, and have had some narrow misses (I must have been 18 inches back)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 27/4/06 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
HI and there was me thinking you were racing in locost . You could fit at least one more locost in that 18'' gap possably two if mr hughes is involved .

On 0-60 times 5-6 is right but as said totaly ereverlent as all are the same . Unless you are thinking of also having a race in an other formula. For instance car i had in recently was doing (doh sorry was a sprint car doing 0-64 feet not 0-60 mph ) but doing it in 1.9 secs on A539 tyres. And pulling 1G of the line 220 bhp zetec engine whith trick sprint ratio g/box.

cheers matt

DickieB

posted on 27/4/06 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Less than 2 secs on road tyres for 64 feet - amazing! Was I driving?
procomp

posted on 28/4/06 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
HI not in your locost with a 3.54 diff.

No it was gordon hick in his la doing the welsh sprint championship. He p***d some of with the times he was doing so they just banned the car under some obscure rule. Dident bother him thogh he has now brought a mallock to see what he can do with that.

Any how you dont do to badly in the wscc with the locost do you ive heard you also p**s a few of when they work out you have only got 85 bhp and they have spent twice the £ and have twice the bhp.

cheers matt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.