Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Rolling Road Costs
greggors84

posted on 12/5/06 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Rolling Road Costs

Got a quote for a rolling road session to tune my Webers, £185 inc VAT. Thats a flat rate for the session.

My car seems to run ok ish, but there is a slight misfire, this also means the emissions are too high for the SVA. I just want a rolling road session to fine tune them.

I don't want to pay £185 if it turns out that they only need an hours worth of time.

Their hourly rate is £65 not sure if it includes VAT. How long would it take to set up carbs bearing in mind they only really need tweeking.

What is a good price, shall i go for the £185 for the whole session, or pay £65 (+VAT?) per hour and see how long it takes.

I hopefully will be changing the engine this summer from the Pinto to something modern with mega squirt.

Also i dont currently have a vernier pulley, is this essential, i bought the engine complete with the carbs already running, i just think the carbs have gone out of tune.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

JoelP

posted on 12/5/06 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
i gave boggs brothers (maltonish) £70 for 3 hours on the rollers and some simple custom fabrication, which i thought was very cheap. I suspect you need to find more of an enthusiast and less of a business, IYCWIM. That was twin 40 webbers on a crossflow.
RazMan

posted on 12/5/06 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
If you find someone who is familiar with your kind of setup I doubt that it would take more than an hour to tweak your carbs. He will probably do an initial run first off and then a couple more after adjusting the problem areas. It is simple screwdriver stuff anyway.
£185 for a flat session is probably allowing for more sophisticated cars (no offense) with twin turbos and ECUs with re-programmable chips.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bimbleuk

posted on 13/5/06 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
£60+VAT approx is fairly typical for a rolling road rate and also 2 hrs minimum is quite common too.
greggors84

posted on 13/5/06 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
£185 for a flat session is probably allowing for more sophisticated cars (no offense) with twin turbos and ECUs with re-programmable chips.

And i though a pinto on carbs with dizzy ignition was pretty sophisticated!!

The price was after i told him it was a pinto on carbs.

I might give them a call back on Monday and explain the just need tweaking, not a complete setup from scratch.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.