Board logo

List 1b tyres
mark chandler - 19/6/15 at 10:00 PM

It looks like this is being pushed away

Copy of a mail from a man in the know

At the meeting yesterday, the results from your comments on the future of list 1b tyres were :
For the proposal - 1, Against 130 to 140 .

So, has gone back to the committee for an alternative.

In a way, it is not that difficult:
- there has to be a place for those who will have 1b tyres next year and may be beyond.
- whilst a number of 1b tyres will not be made in the future because of changing EU regulations, I cann't believe that tyre manufacturers will not be making performance orientated tyres in the future.

AdrianH - 20/6/15 at 08:15 AM

OK I must have missed some information somewhere.

But out of interest what was the proposal, and why?

Obviously I have not been keeping up with news at my end.

Adrian

mark chandler - 20/6/15 at 09:01 AM

There was a proposal to outlaw list 1b tyres for sprints and hill climbs 'to make it cheaper' for road going cars which could have forced most competitors in affected classes to replace all their rubber or cage up and log book and be uncompetive!

Also if you purchased a factory car with list 1b, lots of cars run Michelin super sports for example you would then be excluded from competing or replace and possibly invalidate your insurance, crazy.

Road going just needs legal road going tyres, auto solo's call for list 1a which is fair enough, it's specifically targeted at bringing cars into a non damaging environment as an introduction and good fun it is as well.

[Edited on 20/6/15 by mark chandler]