Board logo

wide body question
yoldy - 9/8/19 at 05:26 PM

hi im on the market for a westfield/tiger ect, im a larger chap so need more seat space.
what models have simular width to a seiw, thanks. noobie

40inches - 9/8/19 at 07:05 PM

Put your location in your control panel, someone near to you may let you sit in their car

yoldy - 9/8/19 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
Put your location in your control panel, someone near to you may let you sit in their car

yoldy - 9/8/19 at 07:38 PM

had a seat in a tiger, yes i fit but just too tight. are westfeilds narrow body the same size as a tiger?

big_wasa - 9/8/19 at 07:51 PM

If your looking for a professional kit then the Luego Viento is the the daddy. The Haynes roadster is a touch wider than book and book is a touch wider than a tiger, especially an Avon.

I am to big for mine really. I couldn’t tour in It but I can put up with it for a Sunday blast. Have you sat in something “book” sized ? Mk Indy, Luego velocity. With minimal seats you may be surprised

ianhurley20 - 9/8/19 at 08:15 PM

I went to the Kit car show at Stoneleigh for exactly the same reason armed with a tape measure. I measured the width and where I could sat in cars. Several surprises. Almost all of the Tigers are made for midgets. Westfields of recent years are all wide body. MEV Exocet has a lot of room. Widest 7 (apart from the super wide Luegos) is the Robin Hood 2B (+) (50 cm). GBS Zero does a really good wide body car.
What did I settle on? The 44cm wide Haynes Roadster with a top hung brake pedal system which gave me somewhere to rest my left boot on a longer journey. Wetfield and GBS would be similar, the 2B is ok but not a patch on the other cars for general driving. (Sorry no experience of MK etc - even though the HR was designed by MK)

yoldy - 9/8/19 at 08:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
I went to the Kit car show at Stoneleigh for exactly the same reason armed with a tape measure. I measured the width and where I could sat in cars. Several surprises. Almost all of the Tigers are made for midgets. Westfields of recent years are all wide body. MEV Exocet has a lot of room. Widest 7 (apart from the super wide Luegos) is the Robin Hood 2B (+) (50 cm). GBS Zero does a really good wide body car.
What did I settle on? The 44cm wide Haynes Roadster with a top hung brake pedal system which gave me somewhere to rest my left boot on a longer journey. Wetfield and GBS would be similar, the 2B is ok but not a patch on the other cars for general driving. (Sorry no experience of MK etc - even though the HR was designed by MK)
sorry for the noobie question but whats a "book"?

yoldy - 9/8/19 at 08:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yoldy
quote:

yoldy - 9/8/19 at 08:25 PM

quote:
quote:
cheers for the info

mcerd1 - 9/8/19 at 08:45 PM

quote:

"the book" - linky

yoldy - 9/8/19 at 09:20 PM

Lol,cheers!!!

overdriver - 9/8/19 at 10:31 PM

There is a variant of the Tiger Supercat designated the XL which has increased cockpit width. A fairly rare beast but there is one currently for sale on the Tiger Owners Forum.

Michael.