Board logo

Supercharged VX220 - great fast road and track car
DannyScarbro - 1/8/16 at 10:38 PM

I have for sale a great supercharged fast road/track vx220.

£11,500 collection from Lincolnshire/Peterborough.

2000 reg Yellow 2.2 Vauxhall Vx220, with just 70k miles.

Full service history with all fluids replaced (brake fluid, coolant, engine oil, gearbox oil.)

Eaton M62 Stage 2 Supercharger conversion with rear mounted charge cooler and a Courtney Motorsport engine ECU remap and stainless rear exhaust. (circa240bhp)

Conversion was done just 2,000 miles ago by the previous owner and has ran brilliantly through my ownership.

The following modifications have also been done to make it into the great car it is today;

Gaz Gold pro coilovers. (New 300miles ago.)

Brand new MAC performance lightweight 16x/17 wheels. (New 300miles ago.)

Toyo 888Rs semi slick tyres 195 front 225 rear (New 300miles ago.)

OMP 300mm suede steering wheel and boss (Brand new).

Quaife white nylon gearknob.

Short Ratio gearbox. (6% shorter). (currently been fitted)

Courtney motorsport uprated clutch (brand new). (currently been fitted)

The Cam and balancer chain was also replaced and new engine mounts fitted.

Balancer-shaft delete.

Carbon wrapped turbo side intakes for cooling/airflow.

Uprated fuel pump.

Engine bay bulkhead access panel.

Lotus Elise wing mirrors.

Braided brake hoses & Mintex 1144 pads.

Full interior carpet set.

Re-trimmed interior (door cards, dashtop, dash panels and centre console)

Included in the sale is also the original gearbox, steering wheel, gearknob, bilstein suspension and standard wheels/tyres, all are in good working order.

The car also has a working cd player, speakers and radio for a bit of comfort on the road!

Overall the car is in great condition, paintwork is good, it has a few small marks but as you would expect for a car with 70k. The fabric roof is in fantastic condition and the car looks great with the colour/wheels/low ride height.

On the road it feels great, supercharger really pulls at any time and the car is surprisingly quick even against some really quick stuff when on the track.

I have only had one track day in the car at Cadwell Park and it ran faultlessly and out-performed everything in its way!

As mentioned above the clutch and gearbox is currently been fitted; I chose to uprate the clutch as with the added power/torque from the supercharger set up it caused slip under load. If the buyer would prefer the standard ratio box to be fitted back in Im sure this could be arranged. (all will be fitted and tested before you drive away.)

Only reason I am selling this and my Westfield project is to fund a new house deposit, Im sure I will be back in another vx220 soon enough as they have really impressed me!

Any questions please dont hesitate to give me a call;

I will get some better pictures uploaded tomorrow, but a sneak preview;

Many thanks

Dan

Duncan Grier - 5/8/16 at 06:36 PM

I used to own this car before the guy you purchased it from did the s/c conversion etc

Good buy for someone and looking in great condition

DG

DannyScarbro - 6/8/16 at 11:20 AM

Thanks Duncan,

Could any moderators help me edit the above thread?

Would like to reduce the price down to £10,750 without the short ratio gearbox and omp steering wheel.

Alternatively would sell for £10,000 with the updated clutch supplied but not fitted.

Or £9,000 with standard wheels/tyres and bilsteins. Again clutch supplied not fitted.

It's worth noting the car drives brilliantly even with the current clutch, it's a brand new standard clutch and 8/10 times is fine, mostly on hard 4th gear pulls under load starts to slip, I was lapping Cadwell in 1;41/1;42 with it like this which indicates how little it affects it.

Want the car sold quickly hence the price reductions and options. Really cheap supercharged car now!!

Many thanks

Dan

Jeano - 8/8/16 at 08:26 AM

Good luck with Sale, think ill have one of these next when i sell the Dax