Board logo

latest furore
02GF74 - 15/3/16 at 06:44 PM

No, no that one, this TG.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35802386

Over reaction by the anti fun brigrade or!?!!!

Adamirish - 15/3/16 at 06:56 PM

It has been completely blown out of proportion. Perhaps not in good taste but it's not like they were doing doughnuts around the monument. How far away from it do you need to be before it's acceptable? 100 yards? a mile? 100 miles?

The road was closed with no doubt many health and safety bods around. Nobody was in danger, no damage was done so what's the harm? Hardly disrespectful as no doubt, if those guys were still around to see it, they would have loved it!

theconrodkid - 15/3/16 at 07:04 PM

i dont think it was a wise choice for the location,there was a slight "error" in that department but the way a lot of people see it is,the beeb seem so anti British and anti patriotic in their output and this was just another finger up to what a lot of us hold dear.

JoelP - 15/3/16 at 07:16 PM

So it seems, damned if they do and damned if they don't?

steve m - 15/3/16 at 07:34 PM

If JC had done it he would of been sacked
but doubt he would, as he is pretty patriotic

For me, reading between the lines, its an advertising scam, to get some hype back into a crap outdated programme, and dire presenters back onto a boring Sunday evening slot

songs of praise seems more appealing

Slimy38 - 15/3/16 at 08:52 PM

They're trying to recreate the 'controversy' of the old version. Problem for me is that's what put me off it in the first place!!

I would like to know what that car is though.

Adamirish - 15/3/16 at 09:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
They're trying to recreate the 'controversy' of the old version. Problem for me is that's what put me off it in the first place!!

I would like to know what that car is though.

It's Ken blocks mustang. 4wd v8 monster.

myke pocock - 15/3/16 at 10:14 PM

Who cares a monkeys fart!!! Theres far more important things to worry about in this country and the world. Get a feckin life some people!!!

r1_pete - 16/3/16 at 09:12 AM

Its time TG was laid to rest and forgotten about, it was borderline worth watching for the last 2 or 3 series.....

carpmart - 17/3/16 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Its time TG was laid to rest and forgotten about, it was borderline worth watching for the last 2 or 3 series.....

Totally agree with this... Should have been confined the annals of history.. Instead it's going to be murdered for even more 'season' now!

David Jenkins - 17/3/16 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete

It would have been far better if they'd said "TG is finished, wait until you see our brand new car programme!" - then people would be less inclined to compare the two.