Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Next Top Gear - Bugatti Veyron on the test track
Rod Ends

posted on 18/11/08 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Next Top Gear - Bugatti Veyron on the test track

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are challenged to drive from the heart of Switzerland
to the North Western coast of England on just one tank of fuel.
And as an incentive, the first one to arrive gets to turn on the Blackpool Illuminations.

Back at the track, James tackles his first ever power test in the amazing Pagani Zonda F Roadster
and, after years of waiting, The Stig finally gets to set a lap time in the remarkable Bugatti Veyron.

MK chippy

posted on 18/11/08 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
Good times!

omega0684

posted on 18/11/08 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
can't wait! and there is no way they could do that on one tank
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 18/11/08 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
can't wait! and there is no way they could do that on one tank

The distance is about 1400km i.e. 870 miles direct.
A Lupo 3L should be able to make that if you're careful.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Chippy

posted on 18/11/08 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
Knowing Clarkson he will have an Aston with the boot welded up and filled with fuel, :-) Cheers Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

iank

posted on 18/11/08 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chippy
Knowing Clarkson he will have an Aston with the boot welded up and filled with fuel, :-) Cheers Ray

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

speedyxjs

posted on 19/11/08 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
Il bet james does it in a toyota prius or hybrid civic. Jeremy will obviously use something stupid like a gt40.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

MikeCapon

posted on 19/11/08 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
You are some very lucky people having decent TV. Over here it's so naff I can't bring myself to watch it.

Auto Moto is on sunday mornings and is no more than a regurgitation of the manufacturers press blurb..

As for the F1 coverage. Full of ads. The Raikkonen/Hamilton clash at Spa happened while I was watching an ad for the Renault Scenic... Super. The commentators are so thick it's not true. They do have Jacques Laffite with them but over the years even he has been dragged down to their level. It's so bad it's almost funny. They haven't got a clue what's going on.

Be happy that you live in Great Britain with great TV. And yes, before someone points it out. I can always move

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
antonio

posted on 19/11/08 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
live in france too but i'm lucky to pay 30 euros per month to get BBC...

quote:
Originally posted by MikeCapon
You are some very lucky people having decent TV. Over here it's so naff I can't bring myself to watch it.

Auto Moto is on sunday mornings and is no more than a regurgitation of the manufacturers press blurb..

As for the F1 coverage. Full of ads. The Raikkonen/Hamilton clash at Spa happened while I was watching an ad for the Renault Scenic... Super. The commentators are so thick it's not true. They do have Jacques Laffite with them but over the years even he has been dragged down to their level. It's so bad it's almost funny. They haven't got a clue what's going on.

Be happy that you live in Great Britain with great TV. And yes, before someone points it out. I can always move

bimbleuk

posted on 19/11/08 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
Now if they changed their test track format to that used in the Best Motoring DVDs now that would make for some great Sunday night viewing!

Like this for example....

Best Motoring FR vs AWD wet race

[Edited on 19-11-08 by bimbleuk]

dogwood

posted on 19/11/08 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by antonio
live in france too but i'm lucky to pay 30 euros per month to get BBC...

quote:

????????? Are you mad ????????

My Sky box work's no problem
And it's free

Before you say it....Yes I know !!!!!

David

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

vinny1275

posted on 19/11/08 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Didn't Clarkson go from London to Edinburgh and back on one tank of fuel - in an Audi A8 TDi? that was about 800 miles... Much more difficult than just hooning around the test track I reckon...

jabbahutt

posted on 19/11/08 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
clear the decks of anything to do Sunday evening then as this sounds like an episode not to miss, especially the Stig let lose in a Veyron!!

trogdor

posted on 19/11/08 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
I am not getting to watch it on a sun evening, we have to watch strictly come dancing results at the mo, so i usually watch on bbc iplayer.

But with john Sargent at the mo strictly come dancing is pretty entertaining!

I love speed :-P

posted on 19/11/08 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trogdor

But he isnt in it anymore, he has quit the show tody

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

chrisg

posted on 19/11/08 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I am not getting to watch it on a sun evening, we have to watch strictly come dancing results at the mo, so i usually watch on bbc iplayer.

Nice to see you're in touch with your feminine side mate

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

The Great Fandango

posted on 19/11/08 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
With regards to getting British TV channels, no matter where you are based in Europe, you'll easily get all the normal channels via a dish and an old Sky (or Sky+) box with viewing card. It doesn't even have to be a box used by Sky.

If it's high-definition you want, then there are loads of HD 'Free-Sat' boxes on the market. Maplins are selling them fairly cheap now.

I'm waiting for Humax's new HD recorder box which is said to be available end Nov/Dec just in time for Christmas. Should be around the £200 mark. Again, I see no reason why that wouldn't work abroad.

He Who Dies With The Most Toys Dies The Happiest

trogdor

posted on 20/11/08 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I love speed :-P
quote:

But he isnt in it anymore, he has quit the show tody

So he has, wife was quite upset. Is a bit of a shame would of wanted him to have been voted off as I would of thought it would of been it this week

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.