Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 750Mc Racing Silverstone 22nd-23rd Aug.
procomp

posted on 11/8/09 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
750Mc Racing Silverstone 22nd-23rd Aug.

Hi

The finals are up on line with the usual entry list paddock plan and timetable for the weekend. LINK HERE

Lots of activities going on over the weekend as it's the 750mc 70th anniversary and also the 10th anniversary for the LOCOST championship. There's parade laps for the LOCOST race cars and and public with a Ron book based car also. The Locost racers are having a large BBQ on the Saturday night. More details regarding the locost celebrations will be put up as they fall in to place. There's also an Auto jumble to be held in the garages by race control. All instructions regarding selling items are in the Final instructions.

Racing includes. LOCOST - RGB - KITS - BIKESPORTS - SR&GT - STOCK HATCH - GOLF GTI - VAG - SAXMAX - MR2 - VEE - FORMULA 4 - 750 FORMULA - 750 TROPHY .

Forum members racing Include:

LOCOST. Ahh ran out of time. will add later.

RGB.

KITS.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 11/8/09 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Who's testing on the Friday? After a significant wobble I am now fairly confident about being there.

Can you get nomex boxers in brown?

Edit to add that I knew Keith Wood was racing but John Hayman AKA 'The Haymanator' of EVO and TRC fame as well?

I like to see that Locost has become high profile just in time for me to get involved!

In reality, it doesn't change the game at all for a newbie like me but it offers a great chance of an experienced scalp or two for the boys at the front!

[Edited on 11/8/09 by TimC]

procomp

posted on 11/8/09 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Tim.

Don't worry. ( Well not until 10 mins before you go on track anyhow ) You will be fine. Silvertone is wide and flat so no big surprises and a good clear view of what in front and behind.

Hows the 34 Hrs of jobs list doing.

Testing. I know theres 3-4 of the locosters for definite as some are running engines in after rebuilds. I shall be there from Thursday night ready for testing on Friday.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 11/8/09 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
The list is coming down slowly but will take a significant step forward with the help of one highly skilled individual who answers to the name of [ring-announcer]Steve-the-broken-exhaust-Hignett[/ring-announcer]

ironside

posted on 11/8/09 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be there from Thursday night too.
procomp

posted on 11/8/09 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

You mean [ring-announcer]Steve in a strip club-the-broken-exhaust-Hignett[/ring-announcer]. He could bring some GRID babes to Oulton park.

Cheers Matt

DRC INDY 7

posted on 11/8/09 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
we will be there for the weekend going down in convoy on saturday

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

loggyboy

posted on 11/8/09 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
I note on the finals there is a form to sign regarding in car video. Is that somthing all/most/some circuits do or just silverstone.
Any reason why?

Rob Palin

posted on 12/8/09 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
Virtually all circuits do that now. They make you sign to say you won't distribute any footage you take or they'll fine you £25k.

I think the main reasoning is commercial rights protection, the same way that they tend to have only one or two official photographers at a meeting but they have to pay the circuit something because they'll sell the pictures for a profit. If the photos or videos are for 'personal use', you're ok. If you try to sell them to anyone, you have to cough up a chunk to the circuit.

TimC

posted on 13/8/09 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Rain Anyone?

Rob Palin

posted on 13/8/09 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Not for me, ta ;-)
mlees91
Junior Builder

Posts 44
Registered 17/3/09

Photo Archive Go!
Building: i am not but i race in the 750mc locost seris

posted on 13/8/09 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
not for me after anglesey i dnt like the rain

max lees 91#

procomp

posted on 14/8/09 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Nothing wrong with a bit of rain. Keeps you on your toes

Description
Description
[/img]

Mind having the flu for the following week is one down side to it being that wett .

Cheers Matt

TimC

posted on 14/8/09 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
If anyone has any spare tickets I'd be very grateful - I have a number of people coming to support... :s

simes43

posted on 14/8/09 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
Sadly Silverstone needs a monsoon before it gets too difficult. Visibility is the real issue.

I should have a spare ticket or three.

procomp

posted on 23/8/09 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

The results are up online.

LOCOST HERE
RGB HERE
SR&GT / Allcommers

KITT'S HERE

Some pretty close racing in the Locosts as usual. Roll on Oulton Park Sept 5th.

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 24/8/09 by procomp]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.