Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: engine info/advice - lancia volumex
franky

posted on 25/10/09 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
engine info/advice - lancia volumex

My friends looking at an unfinished project... a Dax.

These are the details for the engine.

The engine is from a Lancia Beta Coupe and is the Volumex Supercharged version of the 2L Fiat Twin Cam. It has an Avanti Motorsport Formula head, which is fully ported inlet and exhaust, shortened valve guides, sodium filled exhaust valves, 3 angle valve cut and unleaded valve seats. The engine also has a Guy Croft lightened and balanced fly wheel and crank shaft, which also has had the oil ways radiused by Guy Croft. The engine has obviously been been converted to rear wheel drive with a new crankshaft bush and Fiat 131 water pump. I've also fitted a Fiat 131 Mirafiori big wing sump and oil pump. It also has a remote oil filter fitted along with an oil cooler and braided oil pipes. I was planning to fuel inject the engine, so I have modified the original carburetor intake. If required, I also have the injectors, fuel rail and the Emerald M3D ECU, but I have not modified the inlet manifold yet, so carburettor could still be fitted.

The gearbox is from a Fiat 131 and is fitted with a Abarth remote shift, which has been modified to move the shift into the correct position in the car.

Does that sound like a decent lump? What sort of power will it make? Its a 2.0 supercharged(small blower) 135bhp standard.

Cheers all.

[Edited on 25/10/09 by franky]

westf27

posted on 25/10/09 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
have a word with pewe on here hes into that sort of thing,me I'm happy with my boat anchor

franky

posted on 26/10/09 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
no one?
Markymark

posted on 26/10/09 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a pretty good lump

I'd speak to Guy Croft (01522 705222), he is the man regarding fiat twin cams

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.