Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Race project - old 750MC Locost
Mike Wood

posted on 20/2/11 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Race project - old 750MC Locost

Hi

Looks an interesting project on fleabay: Locost Kit Car on eBay (end time 23-Feb-11 20:56:34 GMT)

A 750MC Locost Championship car last raced in 2001. I wonder why the panels were stripped off what would have been a relatively new car? Have the regs changed much since then? Extra chassis tubes needed?

Cheers
Mike

GMPMotorsport

posted on 20/2/11 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Seems a good bargain at that price, there haven't been many reg changes, he says he was going to rebuild it so thats why the panels are off, from my experience the panels do take some hammer.

www.gmpdevelopments.co.uk
www.gmpmotorsport.co.uk
ARDS Instructer.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
carpmart

posted on 20/2/11 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
I agree, if I had the space, money and time, I'd buy it!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

eddie99

posted on 21/2/11 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
I saw that the other day, looks a good deal

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
procomp

posted on 21/2/11 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

The crucial thing that need to be clarified with that car is whether is was a chassis built by chestnut whatever or if it's a genuine ST/Aries chassis. If it is a ST/Aries then it is a sound basis to start with if it's a just built to the book chassis it will require much work to be competitive/ handle well. As it stands it has a lot of ST parts on it but has the NS engine bay brace missing from the pictures provided it looks very much like an ST but id want confirmation from seller to be sure.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 21/2/11 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Out off interest are you planning to race it in the 750Mc locost championship or modify and race else where. Or even race it at all. ?

Cheers Matt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.