Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Cadwell Park
JohnFol

posted on 4/9/02 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Cadwell Park

Just picked this up from a different n.group.

"I am sure a few of the Locost drivers would agree that the racing on Saturday was a little scrappy. However, for the benefit of those who didn't stay to watch the racing on Sunday (the majority I think), things became much worse. Approximately two thirds of the way through the first race of the day, the SR and GT race, two cobra replicas driven by Tony Clinkard and Stefan Gilboy were involved in a huge accident at the end of the start finish straight where they must have been doing around 130 mph. One had a massive impact with the barrier on the right, the other a similar impact with the earth bank on the left. I am not sure to what extent they hit each other. With deep regret I must report that the driver of one of the cars died soon afterwards and the other was airlifted in a critical condition to hospital. "

From another posting it would seem the other driver subsequently died.

A sobering thought; one I will remember next time I am doing some welding, fixing brakes, doing up bolts. . ..

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.