Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: New Guys - 2003
blackie

posted on 8/1/03 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Might be worth an e-mail to the committee. I was sent the info on the track day when I sent off the entry form to race next yr. The Track day is at Mallory 25th Feb. Costs £75 for a 1/2 day, or £140 for a full day. There will also be scrutineering advice to hand - did anyone else know about this? I can't be the only dude who does

Deckman001

posted on 8/1/03 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Nobody else is as near to finishing their car probably,that or not applied to race yet (me included!!)
blackie

posted on 9/1/03 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Think of all that the extra motivation you'll get from the fact that you've shelled out the cash!!!!

It really helps you get out of a warm living room and down to the freezing cold garage!!

Blackie

Deckman001

posted on 9/1/03 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Sadly I'm building the car for someone else and the car is in his garage along with his house hold junk !!.Not alot of space to move and even less money to spend at the moment
He has promised more soon, and a clearout so all is not lost, Hope to get on
track mid season !

Jason

Mark Benson

posted on 13/1/03 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Right then, Blackie you have given me the inspiration to get off my bum, put the car back together, buy an LED light and transponder and get my entry off to race.

When the weather is like it is, it's all too easy to let these things slip.

Fozzie

posted on 3/2/03 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hiya Jason,
Sorry that I missed your posting on the 8/1. !

I live in Walton on Thames!

Fozzie

JohnFol

posted on 3/2/03 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
I won't be near completion for 3 weeks time, but would like to meet up with a few people.
Mallory is about 120 miles from Reading, so it makes the journey worth it if there are going to be others there.

So, who aims to be there?

Fozzie

posted on 3/2/03 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi John,

Been slaving away at me car! No, I won't be ready, I'm still way behind schedule after my December break to sunnier climes!
I've decided that the car is ready when its ready, if I try to rush, things tend to go t*ts-up!
I changed the design and positioning of the tank so many times I've forgotten which I did decide on!
Mallory is a lovely little track, I did my ARDS there, but, I don't think I will make it for this track day. Hopefully there will be others.
Cheers, Fozzie

JohnFol

posted on 3/2/03 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
I don't aim to drive, just attend, chat to the scruitineers, meet a few people, and generally drink beer . .. .
Fozzie

posted on 3/2/03 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Mmmmmmm, beer sounds good, very tempting! Have to see if I can juggle work committments! Getting close to 'the proper jobs' season,might be a bit difficult, but I will try.
Fozzie

Deckman001

posted on 3/2/03 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Yo Fozzie, was begining to think every one else had left !
Walton eh not to far from Sunbury where I'm working at the mo, small world
how far you got with the car, I've still not done too much to the chassis apart from strip off the bits not required !!.
I've still to buy the roll cage, shocks,some bodywork and the exhaust. Oh and lights,harness,seat and probably loads more still And I've just found out that for building the car for my mate he's giving me 'half the car' hopefully he means that the car will be half mine! what an incentive
How's every one else gettin on ?
ATB
Jason

Mark Benson

posted on 6/2/03 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
I intend on going to Mallory - but work are doing their best to have me in Denmark at the same time.

I really want to go as the eligibility scrutes are there and it would give me peace of mind to know I won't be turning up at Donnington only to sit around and watch others race.

I'll post on here if I do make the day though (look out for number 20 - I got my race number the other day I feel like a 'proper' racing driver now....)

JohnFol

posted on 6/2/03 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Being a Tuesday, I can't make it .. ..boooooooo
Deckman001

posted on 6/2/03 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Unless I'm working in Brum that day, I can't either. Dam, Bother, I need to get as many photo's as i can to see how they are meant to be built !!
Gerard

posted on 22/2/03 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
Another New builder in Surrey

Just a quick hello. I am in Weybridge starting to build my locost. I have been stripping done the Mk2 and am aiming to have the locost running ready to race by August.
Deckman001

posted on 23/2/03 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome,matey,Always glad to see/help another 'racer'
People do seem to look at these postings, but not add too many new ones, Not sure why, maybe they all know what they are doing !! Unlike me .
Don't be afraid to ask any questions, and try to pop along to 'Box Hill' on the 2nd of March I think it is,(look at the 'clubs and events' section).Not many cars make it as most are still building them,but there is always someone who is more advanced with the build than yourself, with the answers.
Have fun with the build
Jason

JohnFol

posted on 25/2/03 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
And don't forget to use the "Race Issues" forum
Rob Palin

posted on 26/2/03 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hello! I'm another newbie who's cheating a bit and using someone else's old car (Royce Grey's).

I popped in to the track day at Mallory yesterday but it seemed to be mainly Stock Hatches and i had to be back at work so i couldn't stay long. Hope to meet everybody at Donington though.

scutter

posted on 26/2/03 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone on the M3 corridor going to Donnington on the 1st March need a lift as I'm going from salisbury(don't fancy turning up on my own),

I'm also attending the box hill meet on the 3rd if anyone needs a lift.

Sorry I don't intend to race, but you lot seem to be hiding in this section

Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 26/2/03 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Yo Dan, I'll see you on the 2nd (god willing)!!. I'm hoping to be at Donnington, along with donut and Bob I think, Will discus it on sun.

Jason

P.S. About the test session, who else went, how did it go, where else is everybody hiding?????

[Edited on 26/2/03 by Deckman001]

scutter

posted on 26/2/03 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Jason, how can you talk about going to Donnington the day after the track day, or have i got the wrong end of the stick.

Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 26/2/03 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
VERY,VERY Sadly, only watching mate. Still no further with the car, It's sitting very lonely in the garage awaiting power and lighting (garage) so I can get on with it when I can find some time !!

Jason

Sorry Dan didn't read your post accurately. Won't be there the 1st, I'm expecting to be there at the first race meet, On that note I'll probable put a new post about the race season starting and try to meet people

[Edited on 26/2/03 by Deckman001]

scutter

posted on 26/2/03 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Shame, I'll bring you some piccys to box hill.

Dan.

Deckman001

posted on 26/2/03 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
What's happnin 1st then ??

Jason

Mark Benson

posted on 28/2/03 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deckman001

P.S. About the test session, who else went, how did it go, where else is everybody hiding?????

Sadly I was in Denmark with work. So I have no idea whether the car will meet with the scrutes requirements until Donnington (Nervous? Me?.....you bet!).

I'm fitting the transponder this weekend, along with new track rod ends, new bushes in the rack and my race numbers. I think then I'm about ready to roll.

Se you at Donnington

Mark (No. 20)

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.