Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: More Imigration
myke pocock

posted on 7/2/13 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
More Imigration

Just received this below recently. I am aware that this may be counter to the way some people see things but I am just about sick as the proverbial parrot of this country being the sponge for the rest of Europes people that want good quality services without the hassle of having to contribute towards it (and I dont want to hear about us being a member of the EC that have all all contributed so are entitled!!!!)

Literally millions of Bulgarians and Romanians will soon be eligible to descend on the UK and Ireland in much the same way as the Poles did some years ago. Whilst most of the Poles who emigrated to the UK are industrious and hard working the same cannot be said for the Bulgarians and Romanians. It is no coincidence that these two countries are the poorest in Europe . They have systematically impoverished themselves through their leaning towards corruption at all levels of society and serious criminality. Its almost in their DNA. Quite why these countries were ever admitted to the EU defies reason, but that's what the unelected hierarchy in Brussels decided the rest of Europe needed! They didn't have to worry about getting re-elected when they made that decision on our behalf. One can only speculate on their motives.

Certainly many hundreds of thousands of Bulgarians and Romanians will be free to leave their countries for the greener grass in the rest of the EU, and most of them will, if the Polish experience is anything to go by. The Poles were driven by their need to have a job. The probability is that the Bulgarians and Romanians will be driven by state hand-outs and the ease with which they are handed out. No prizes for guessing whose Social Security and Health Service will be at the top of their list of where to pitch up complete with extended families.

Here's an opportunity to support a Government e-petition to put off the automatic right of entry for these people who have, by and large, wrecked their own countries to the extent that they don't want to live there any more.

Go To http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/41492 and sign it. Please send this to everyone you know

Then ask your friends and family to do the same.

100,000 signatures triggers a Parliamentary debate and we know that Call me Dave is not happy about the EU making such decisions to the detriment of the UK . Text

SeanStone

posted on 7/2/13 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Signed
mookaloid

posted on 7/2/13 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
I'm all for sensible immigration control but that's racist

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

JacksAvon

posted on 7/2/13 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
Enough with the wooly minded bleeding heart liberal thinking.

We owe these people nothing.

This island is only so big.

Unemployment is high enough.

Unless these people have a skill that is nationally required, they should stay put.

Try just wandering into other english speaking countries and asking for benefit and see how you get on.

Lets have a big F##k Off slice of realism here.

Slimy38

posted on 7/2/13 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
I'm fairly sure the Polish were tarred with the same brush, until they came over and it turned out they wanted to work for a living...

I quite like the Australian points system for immigration, that seems like a good idea to me.

[Edited on 7/2/13 by Slimy38]

wylliezx9r

posted on 7/2/13 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid

You fecking serious ? Petition signed.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

fazerruss

posted on 7/2/13 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JacksAvon

Unless these people have a skill that is nationally required, they should stay put.

Try just wandering into other english speaking countries and asking for benefit and see how you get on.

+1

and signed

"if assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

jase380

posted on 7/2/13 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
Signed here, surely it has to stop sometime..
tegwin

posted on 7/2/13 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I quite like the Australian points system for immigration, that seems like a good idea to me.

THIS!!! But it wont ever happen will it.... none of the political parties will stick their necks out far enough to risk a radical reform like that!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

myke pocock

posted on 7/2/13 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
Racist, RACIST??? Where the fook are you coming from? Our problem in this country is that we are constantly being intimidated by the cry of "your racist". Strict and VERY limited imigration YES, spongers for what they can wheedle out of us DEFINAtELY no. Mr mookaloid, would YOU go to Bulgaria or Rumania for their Social Security and Health Services? I THINK NOT!
blakep82

posted on 7/2/13 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
This whole racist card is getting used too much. They are both white european nations, therefore its not racist.
I once got called racist for not voting snp, work that one out...

Anyway, immigration needs to be tightened up, I agree, this country is in a bad enough way without trying to sort every other country out, the only way I think it can work now is the way oz does it.

However the statement above is very much full of sweeping generalisations, I stopped reading after 'the poles' lol

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Ninehigh

posted on 7/2/13 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
Racist, RACIST??? Where the fook are you coming from? Our problem in this country is that we are constantly being intimidated by the cry of "your racist". Strict and VERY limited imigration YES, spongers for what they can wheedle out of us DEFINAtELY no. Mr mookaloid, would YOU go to Bulgaria or Rumania for their Social Security and Health Services? I THINK NOT!

No he'd just smack Johnny Foreigner with his passport, and drop his monacle at the idea of social security while his Irish chums go on about potatoes and whisky.

Seriously though you can't just state that 2 nations will take root in our benefits offices! That is the only issue I have with your op though, we do need some immigration control

mookaloid

posted on 7/2/13 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
I have no problem with the petition - I agree with it.

I totally agree that we are at risk of being swamped by immigrants. I think the Aussie points system is a good idea. I don't think that anyone from the EU should be able to just wander in to the UK and just claim benefits from us, or take our jobs etc etc

................... but the thing you received and pasted in the original post is racist. It basically says that anyone form Bulgaria or Romania has criminal genes in their DNA. It might even be breaking the law by inciting racial hatred. That is an appalling bit of sensationalism.

Edited to add: the race relations act covers discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic and national origin.

[Edited on 7/2/13 by mookaloid]

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

morcus

posted on 7/2/13 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
I think you'll find accusing people of having something in their DNA that makes them criminals and scroungers, even if said in jest, is racist. I don't think he was saying he wants people to come to the UK and 'scrounge'.

It's outrageous to claim that anyone who'd like to move to Britain must have wrecked their own country, or do you really think the UK is such a poo place that noone would come here for any legitimate reason? Like to do a shitty job noone here will do and be racially abused (From what I've seen myself, mostly by the real scroungers)?

If I told you there was a place where you'd get ten times as much as you do now to do a job you could do in you sleep in a place where the weather was better and with less coruption would you not want to go? Now imagine how poo things would be when you got there and you have to live in a slum in a crap town where everyday the papers were fully of headlines about you being the scum of the earth while your working 10 hour days cleaning or sweating away in a kitchen? Why do you think all the Polish people are going home?

I tell you why these countries are brought into the EU, it's to try and bring them up to our level by offering them help and by imposing rules, by agreeing to join, they agree to accept EU rules which in theory should make the places freer and less corrupt.

I'm sure this thread could have at least been started without resorting to racism by just telling us what was going to happen and saying, if you don't agree with the freedoms of work and travel from the EU to the UK, sign this petition without demonising millions of people who apparantly have a much worse life than us.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Strontium Dog

posted on 8/2/13 at 12:15 AM Reply With Quote
What is wrong with you Daily Fail readers? Tax evasion by the rich costs this country FAR more than all the benefits claimants put together! I don't really care as I'm emigrating anyway as I'd rather be poor in the sun than poor in the rain. If we weren't in Europe then I would be scuppered and stuck here which is the last thing I want. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but you lot need to wise up and look to the Banksters and big corporations for bringing us down, not a load of Poles, or Bulgarians or whoever.

The same thing was said of the poles a few years ago and I've worked with a few and they were a decent hard working bunch.

It IS racism to despise another nationality by the way! Sectarianism, be it religious or racial is the wrong direction for Mankinds development. Just out of interest, Nikola Tesla was a Croat and Einstien a refugee from Germany as was for instance Marlene Dietrich!

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x319/zephyr2000/General%20forum%20uploads/?action=view¤t=3DEngine.mp4

BangedupTiger

posted on 8/2/13 at 12:24 AM Reply With Quote
Why anyone would want to come to this country is beyond me. I hope they all descend, then i'm moving to a deprived county with nice weather that has no scumbag locals, then I can live like a king.

As for the criminal comment, its largely fact.

blakep82

posted on 8/2/13 at 12:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Strontium Dog

It IS racism to despise another nationality by the way!

I think its actually xenophobia, but whether is strictly a fear, or whether that goes to hatered I dont know

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

RK

posted on 8/2/13 at 03:36 AM Reply With Quote
Caveat: I couldn't be bothered reading all the comments but here's a foreigner's take:

If you want to go live in France for the weather, food etc, then you have to have them move to the UK once in a while (and it does happen - the French are in love with the UK whether they say so openly or not). But what other countries are in your interests to be linked to, is open to question. Why did they let those oddball places in the EU? Well, it has to do with who else they might link up with instead, and perhaps it heads off a lot of trouble down the road if you just have them in the EU, and put up with a few "unwashed" every now and again.

You hear the same arguments in France and Belgium, and yet you really don't see these so called invaders, even when you look for them. Your countries in Europe (to us, the UK is in Europe, although I know many don't like that, so to them, I apologise) are not used to immigration, and see immigrants as invaders, as they once were.

All those who hate the EU have to remember that Europe has had a few wars over the years (do you so soon forget?), and at the moment, for the most part, people are getting along much better than ever before. This is the ultimate goal. Choose your battles carefully.

T66

posted on 8/2/13 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
I am all up for strict management of our borders, the student visa game has for too long been abused massively, so has the Border Agencies ability to deal with anyone, once they are not stood in front of them.

We all know the numbers are massive, and the numbers produced by the Border agency, are of limited integrity and use.

The UKBA is failing the country, just like successive Governments have on the whole issue of immigration.

Yet we still have immigrants coming here in their thousands, with one intention. Make money and pay their way for their family, whether they happen to be in the UK or elsewhere. Work and pay tax ? - Thats allowed.

My Land Rover was sold to a Romanian - I spent an hour chatting with 3 of them, they all worked in a meat precessing plant, all happy with their work and all supporting their families back in Romania. On their admissions, their job was a tough one.

I stereotyped the Romanians, and was entirely wrong. You cannot do this with a whole nation, its simply wrong.

My other observations - Why would 3 Romanians work in a UK meat processing plant,here's why - because successive Governments have talked tough on dealing with the millions of benefits dwellers we have here, But there are millions of UK citizens who would not consider working in a meat plant, because they dont have too, just like the thousands of immigrant cleaners we have, the long term non producers would cry human rights and a family life to continue sitting in the house smoking. Not talking those who cannot work because of health or valid reasons.
I could write a book on the generations of non producing families Ive come across, who just sit back, drink and smoke and take take take.

The immigration problems we have in the UK are down to Governments failing to effectively deal with it, not Romanians and Bulgarians trying to feed their families. Our system is weak, if Bulgaria was oil producing, it would be full of Brits working there, just like they do in the Gulf states, How many Brits are working on Russian Oil & Gas plants ? answer - not many, the Russians employ Russians.

And finally - Anyone with rosy goggles on, about how good it is in Antipodes, particularly NZ. I personally know 2 families who made the move south, and returned after 6 months. Both complained of open hostility to their English accents by the locals - racism ? Taking all the locals jobs?

PS - My local church yard has about 100 war graves, about 80% are Polish Forces, who gave their lives in WW2 fighting for their own countries independence and ours. These guys were injured & maimed in Europe, and ended up living the last days of their lives, in the local cottage hospital.

All heroes in my eyes, and 100% Polish - God Bless them

[Edited on 8/2/13 by T66]

Daddylonglegs

posted on 8/2/13 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9r
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid

You fecking serious ? Petition signed.

DITTO!! Signed

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

AndyW

posted on 8/2/13 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JacksAvon

AGREED and signed

JoelP

posted on 8/2/13 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Completely agree with mookaloid on both points. Agree that immigration needs controlling, but the text in the first post is racist by definition. Racial generalisations etc.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

A1

posted on 8/2/13 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Totally agree and signed!

To be honest, I dont think the poles are any good either, got plenty of stories about them. Plus the work they do is cheap for a reason-its shit.
These countries are poor and crime ridden for a reason, that being the people that are in them.

I know its tarring with a brush, but better safe than sorry. Charity starts at home, we need to start looking after number one and helping get more of our own people back into employment. Even though a hefty chunk of them dont want it.

As for is its racist or not... Come tell the romanians in edinburgh that are kneeling on the street wailing for money that, Ive seen them (on the way to work) coming out of theyre free council housing en mass and they just go to beg!
Maybe if it all goes wrong and we end up independant and theres no money for them theyll bugger off!

tilly819

posted on 8/2/13 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Signed

F20C Haynes roadster 440 BHP/Tonne www.youtube.com/handmadeextreme

johnemms

posted on 8/2/13 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
Signed - My Government needs to give it a look over - thats their job..

Your beliefs dont make you a better person
Your behaviour does..

Own chassis & Build - First time pass!!
"7's" aren't really "cars", they are 'experiences"

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.