Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anbodyhad a drive of the MG3 yet?
britishtrident

posted on 24/12/13 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Anbodyhad a drive of the MG3 yet?

A friend has asked me for advice on the MG3. on paper it looks good, the engine is an known but any thoughts on build quality?

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

NigeEss

posted on 24/12/13 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
I can't comment on the build quality, but IMO it looks like a Fiat 500 with a Vauxhall face. Not a pleasant
thing at all.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

mookaloid

posted on 24/12/13 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
just having a browse of the web site and sitting there at the bottom of the spec sheet is something called "Brake Disc Wiping " what the??

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

britishtrident

posted on 24/12/13 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
just having a browse of the web site and sitting there at the bottom of the spec sheet is something called "Brake Disc Wiping " what the??

The abs applies a very small pressure to the brake system every couple miles to clean the wetfilm that builds up on the discs in wet weather, it prevents the few milliseconds of delay you get before the brakes really bite in foul weather on a motorway journey. BMW were the first to introduce it.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

daniel mason

posted on 24/12/13 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
i think id rather walk than set foot in that! storms or not.

bozla

posted on 24/12/13 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to lower the tone:
http://sniffpetrol.com/2013/11/29/not-ad-mg3/

wylliezx9r

posted on 24/12/13 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
I'm quite surprised by the reaction to the way it looks. I've never driven one but aesthetically its about as pleasing as any other super mini I've seen

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

daniel mason

posted on 24/12/13 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
its just one of those cars (like the 2.2 vectra i used to own) that looks like the people designing/making it. dont care a toss about it! just my opinion and maybe ill be proved wrong when reviewed etc. but id take a 5 year old honda jazz over one of them in a millisecond!

snapper

posted on 25/12/13 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
Like the Fiat it looks better with graphics or better paint scheme
The standard colours do look a bit bland

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

perksy

posted on 25/12/13 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
It'll depreciate like a house brick in the middle of a lake

I can't see how their shifting enough cars in this country to enable future investment tbh ??

MikeRJ

posted on 25/12/13 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
Sadly predictable negativity on here.

I think it looks pretty good myself, vastly nicer than some of the other manufacturers offerings in this sector (cough cough Vauxhall). I've not driven one, but the reviews seem to be largely positive with the harsh ride being one of the primary criticisms. Coming from a Civic Type R it would probably feel like a luxury barge to me.

[Edited on 25/12/13 by MikeRJ]

Simon

posted on 25/12/13 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
I think the cynicism is understandable. I was always an MG-R fan, but there is no way that pile is MG for the simple reason it's exported as a knocked down kit made in China and assembled in the UK.

China bought the company lock stock and barrel and it's taken them nearly 10 years to get production going again - speaks volumes about competence. They should have stuck the money into the company as was when they said rather than wait for it to fold (and where was Tony Blair to offer a rescue package). MG R had a great line up in the pipeline that would have probably done very well - I know this from someone who worked there. And they were very close to being ready for production.

21 MG 3's sold so far - speaks volumes. Let's hope it stays that way

ATB

Simon

spaximus

posted on 26/12/13 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
I haven't driven one but I hope they can sell some as British Jobs depend on the success of the brand. the Chinese are slow to catch on in many ways, but they knew if they let MGR fold, that they would not have to pick up the tab for redundancy and the inevitable costs of closing the old out of date factory down and get what they really wanted cheap.

Remeber, when Datsun were first being imported here the same comments were made, but within a few years they were winning new customers and now have a world leading factory here. The Chinese will grow better once they learn what people need and want.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.