Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike speedo/cluster - making the fuel level gauge work?
reb

posted on 26/10/16 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Bike speedo/cluster - making the fuel level gauge work?

Hi,

I am in the progress of converting my Seven from CEC to BEC with a 2nd gen hayabusa engine.

I would like to use the hayabusa speedo/cluster for all the functions including indicators, flood light and the fuel level.

Is it possible to make the fuel level gauge in the hayabusa speedo work or do I need a separate gauge for this?

Do I need to use the complete hayabusa fuel pump including level sensor or just the level sensor?

Or is it maybe possible to use my old level sensor which is already installed?

How hard is it to make this work?

Is this worth the effort or should I just get a DASH2 from Race Technology? I will need to monitor the oil temp, oil press and water temp anyway. So I will have to buy some extra gauges anyway if I will use the bike cluster.

I assume it is also possible to get the bike speedo adjusted so it will show the correct speed etc?

CosKev3

posted on 26/10/16 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
A speedo healer will sort out the speed reading.

The fuel gauge would be easiest to get working using the original bike sender,as they are matched already.

You might have to mess about and alter the length of the float arm though,depending on the shape etc of your tank.

You will find if you use the bike sender with it mounted in the bottom of the tank it will read full for a lot of the time as the tank in your car will be much deeper than the bike tank,then once it starts to register fuel usage on the the gauge it will then drop quite quickly.

Johneturbo

posted on 26/10/16 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Not the same engine as you, im using the ZZR14 bike clocks on my car and the built in fuel gauge, the gauge on the bike clocks are solid bars, i just tried to match the resistance to what triggers the bars, i used just a normal float fuel sender in the tank that had roughly the right resistance, you can also put a resistor inline to bring it to what you need
reb

posted on 26/10/16 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Alright, thanks for the input!
rusty nuts

posted on 26/10/16 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
If everything else fails then it may be worth looking at a Fuel gauge wizard?
Banana

posted on 26/10/16 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
i take it engine temp/lights/oil etc will display as normal? (Mine is a 900 blade with newer 929 clocks)

Sorry to hijack

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.