Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: racing info
pthoma27

posted on 17/10/02 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
racing info

I am just starting to build a 2003 car, has anybody got any tips or hints?
JohnFol

posted on 18/10/02 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
Get moving, not much time left

Get hold of the regs and stick to them. I found that when I posted questions I got some wonderful answers, however if I took the advice it would exclude me from racing.

If the car is use purely for racing you don't need an SVA, so don't worry about some of the requirements.

Get to a race meet as soon as possible. The last one of the season is Mallory Park this Sunday (not that far from you)! Just seeing the cars prepared will show you things that won't be covered anywhere else. (Like why they have aluminium 2l oil tanks under the bonet)

I am suffering from a possible change of direction. Do I go purely race, or do I go road, or a combination. I havn't quite finished the chassis, but I need to decide so I can buy the appropriate roll cage. It's a £400 investment that I need to budget for.

If I had my time again, I'd forget getting a donor and buy bits as and when. Reason? Well I have a garage with heater blowers, wiper motors blah blah that won't be needed. Secondly, the formulae is quite specific on engine limits, gearboxes etc. so you will find it hard to get a single donor with the optimum combination of parts.

1 last thing. There are about 5 people now regularly posting here who are in the same position. Any advice or suggestions you have will also be welcomed!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.