Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: not remotely a good day...
Mr Whippy

posted on 27/7/17 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
not remotely a good day...

so....I'm having a very bad day

on the way to work some knob in a black car (turns out it was a bmw) was cutting me up and slamming his brakes on all the way into town, I honestly don't know what his issue was as it was a 50mph road and I was mostly sat in cruse control

anyway at the end of the road I could see he was turning left so I decided to go straight ahead and go another route to work but looked in the mirror to see (what I thought) was him change lanes and start following me...

So I slammed on the brakes, got out, kicked his head light and told him to get out the car

Wasn't the same car........................

Think that's bad, it was only contract manager of one of our major clients no shit, he recognised my car right way and said he'd be speaking to my manager! oh oh

First thing at work I went up to see the CEO to explain what had happened (I think he was smirking)

Unbelievably the same contract manager is in today for a quarterly performance review and his car is sitting outside my window...and I kicked his car...it really would be funny if it wasn't happening to me

Turns out I scratch the headlight on this car....a 2 month old fancy ass merc, fec knows how much this is going to cost me, might be cheaper just reversing my car into his and claiming it through the insurance

everyone at work is pissing themselves laughing

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 27/7/17 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
'tis funny though &#129315;
HowardB

posted on 27/7/17 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote

no shit, he recognised my car right way !!

I am hardly surprised he recognised it!

Hope that the day gets better

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

pekwah1

posted on 27/7/17 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
hahhhahah!!!

I'm sure it doesn't help but i've just had a good giggle over this and shared it around my office who also found it highly amusing!!!!
Have you spoken to the guy since? You'll have to give us an update later on on what happens!!!

Good work sir!

nick205

posted on 27/7/17 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Indeed not a great day.

Still you didn't physically lamp him by the sound of it.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 27/7/17 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
It could be worse... he could have used any available dashcam footage and contacted the police. Threatening behaviour, road rage or criminal damage.
An anger management course could have been coming your way...

Mr Whippy

posted on 27/7/17 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
no he's sat in a meeting at the end of the office, can't even sneak out to have a look at his car, though I could don my PPE and go out the workshop (in disguise)

nope only kicked his car (bad enough) and immediately totally apologised and shook his hand when I realised my mistake

half expecting him to come over to my desk at the end of his meeting

wouldn't surprised if it costs me 2k and I'll have to sell the caravan at a reduced price to pay for it, feck. Didn't even kick his car hard but it's got plastic lens on the light, if it was glass it would have been fine.

[Edited on 27/7/17 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 27/7/17 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
sneaked out to take a look, I've scratched the lamp lens and scuffed the bumper too, lens is probably replaceable, bumper, not sure may need a re-spray

oh dear

nick205

posted on 27/7/17 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HowardB

no shit, he recognised my car right way !!

I am hardly surprised he recognised it!

Hope that the day gets better

Fair point, the camo paint does stand out a little!

There's a lad round our way who's applied a similar paint finish to his battered old Fiesta. Not sure if he thinks it'll improve the car or was bored one weekend. Either way you know who it is.

The bumper dent "should" pop out with a kettle of boiling water poured over it. A re-spray...maybe, but if the dent's gone then I think you'd get away without.

[Edited on 27/7/17 by nick205]

r1_pete

posted on 27/7/17 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205

Fair point, the camo paint does stand out a little!

[Edited on 27/7/17 by nick205]

Quite the opposite of its design effect.......

Those sort of things usually happen to me, most likely a company car on lease, hopefully he'll see the funny side and get it fixed as a carpark scuff....

Mr Whippy

posted on 27/7/17 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
just a trick of the light, no dents just scratches

if you look its actually the wheel of the car next to it due to the curve of the bumper

SJ

posted on 27/7/17 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hope it doesn't cost too much!

On a more serious I think if you are at the stage where someone driving like a nob causes you to stop and physically attack their car maybe you should have a word with yourself!

Stu

loggyboy

posted on 27/7/17 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Lesson learnt - dont be a road rage knob.

Mistral Motorsport

Slater

posted on 27/7/17 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent story Mr Whippy! I did have a laugh.

I can just imagine it from his point of view and telling all his buddies..............I was just calmly driving to work, then some nutter in front of me with a camouflage volvo slams on his brakes for no reason, causing me to stop and then jumps out and kicks the front of my car, then he says sorry and shakes my hand.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

benchmark51

posted on 27/7/17 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
If he was driving like an asshole, he deserved what he got. Being a manager doesn't give him any special right to bad driving and I certainly wouldn't have apologised. Now he knows you to be a brown noser, under his thumb. If you take an offensive, stick to it. It may improve his driving.
David Jenkins

posted on 27/7/17 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benchmark51
If he was driving like an asshole, he deserved what he got. Being a manager doesn't give him any special right to bad driving and I certainly wouldn't have apologised. Now he knows you to be a brown noser, under his thumb. If you take an offensive, stick to it. It may improve his driving.

Read it again - it wasn't the asshole driver who got his car kicked!

sdh2903

posted on 27/7/17 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a machine polished will bring those marks out no bother
Mr Whippy

posted on 27/7/17 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure hoping so...
nick205

posted on 27/7/17 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
just a trick of the light, no dents just scratches

if you look its actually the wheel of the car next to it due to the curve of the bumper

Apologies - it looked as if there's a dent in the bumper. Being made of plastic these days they do often bend in that way, but very often hot water makes them pop back out again.

benchmark51

posted on 27/7/17 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
quote:

Read it again - it wasn't the asshole driver who got his car kicked!

Aah I see, you mistook a Merc for a Beemer. So what's the plan? That is, of course, after you've been to Specsavers, got his car fixed, bought him a bottle of the finest Malt.

loggyboy

posted on 27/7/17 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Even if he was the original driver, no one should have to suffer road rage. No matter what he did, if the police saw you raging you would be the one ending up in court. If you cant control your temper to the point of wanting to cause physical harm to people or property then you shouldnt be driving.

Mistral Motorsport

jacko

posted on 27/7/17 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
With camo-paint im surprised he could see you

jacko

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 27/7/17 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
You sound mentally ill. Imagining you're being followed and then going straight to violence.

Perhaps a wake up call to get some profesional help?

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
jollygreengiant

posted on 27/7/17 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Apologise to him and blame it on the Gender re-assignment medication.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Mr Whippy

posted on 28/7/17 at 05:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors
You sound mentally ill. Imagining you're being followed and then going straight to violence.

Perhaps a wake up call to get some profesional help?

that's all very easy said but I had 2 miles of a guy threating to side swipe my car and two occasion stamp on his brake pedal to try and make me to run into the back of his car, all this in a 50mph average camera dual carriageway. Not trying to defend anything I did and I did try and just ignore it and go another route altogether, it was my mistake that I jumped to the conclusion that it was the same black car that suddenly appeared right behind me to start it all over again.

Anyone, including you can be pushed to the point where you feel like kicking someones car

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.