Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Charge cooler needs a rebuild, any recommendations
mark chandler

posted on 22/7/18 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Charge cooler needs a rebuild, any recommendations

Hello chaps

Charge cooler had failed a couple of days ago, dumped water into the inlet = broken rod.... I got off lightly, steel crank, cosworth pistons and bore not hurt.

Any recommendations on who can supply and fit a new core, 4" deep, 10" wide and 8" long.

Dick

posted on 22/7/18 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Brise Ltd
Unit F3 Northfleet Industrial Estate
Lower Road
Northfleet
Kent
DA11 9SW

These people will make what ever you need

Dick

posted on 22/7/18 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Need to ask is it a proper charge cooler boiler tube type or an inclosed intercooler type. You have got me thinking as i have the pwr/avt type on mine
Dick

posted on 22/7/18 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Need to ask is it a proper charge cooler boiler tube type or an inclosed intercooler type. You have got me thinking as i have the pwr/avt type on mine
mark chandler

posted on 22/7/18 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Proper one made by IMI Marston in my DB7

Heavy cast ends hand welded when new, they must have cost a lot.

Is the PWR/AVT one any good, I looked at their site and thought I may be able to get away with a pair of the small barrels, cut the ends off and let into my big box... Would be smaller 2 x 4" tubes rather than a 10"x4" block.

Dick

posted on 23/7/18 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
I have a pwr/avt on my cosworth and with the turbo running orange hot the intake is 10 deg above ambient . This has been even on the continent in temps of over 30deg while driving in mountain roads or on autobarns. So yes i would say it works very well. I have fitted a few of these systems to both turbo and super charged cars and never had a problem with intake temps. All the ones we do are installed as per the book small radiator with its own fan and small pump running all the time and we control the fan via the ecu or a termo swiitch. Have fitted a few Chinese copy coolers and to date never had one leak.
mark chandler

posted on 23/7/18 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Dick

I have had a chat with Brice, sounds quite hopeful Tim will get a quote for the matrix to kick off things.

I have also tracked down a second hand one, eye watering @ £478 with vat and delivery, which may tied me over but at the cost of repairs I will look to get the original rebuilt for future security and hopefully sell this one on at a later point in time... I may not fit however as I have a phase I car, this is off a phase II, they changed the throttle bodies...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.